As an Application Support Engineer within FNZ, you'll be responsible for ensuring our complex and hugely interconnected financial platforms are built and supported to the highest standards; working closely with the various Project and Engineering teams at all stages of the platform lifecycle with focus on implementation, monitoring, availability, capacity and delivering 1st class service to the Business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of functions, including:
- Building and supporting all our platforms, from Dev through to Production.
- We're a .NET shop but utilise a huge range of technologies, applications and infrastructure.
- Work closely with Development teams and take an active role in planning, deploying and managing their environment requirements.
- Degree educated, relevant IT certifications would be beneficial ,
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role in support of web platforms.
- Experience working for a predominately online business and used to working with enterprise-class, geographically dispersed infrastructure.
- General infrastructure skills and knowledge
- Experience of load-balancing technologies and methodologies, preferably with F5 tech.
- Any exposure to BizTalk would be beneficial, as would other financial messaging & electronic file transfer processes and methodologies.
- Exposure to modern enterprise grade monitoring tools for logging, alerting and defining metrics.
- Exposure to configuration management concepts and systems would be beneficial.
- Not shy of working exclusively at a CLI. Powershell, batch and automated task scripting would be beneficial though not essential.
What does working for FNZ look like?
- Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world’s largest companies;
- Remuneration and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
- We provide significant financial rewards for high performing individuals; and
- We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, Czech Republic, Australia or New Zealand.
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. We partner with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. The business has grown rapidly in recent years, as its institutional customers have used FNZ’s platform to improve transparency, choice and drive down long-term costs for consumers of wealth management products across all segments: from mass-market workplace pensions to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £330 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 5 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Santander, Lloyds Bank, Vanguard, Generali, Barclays, Quilter, UOB, Aviva, Zurich, UBS, BNZ, Findex and FNZC. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. The company has over 1,400 employees in the UK, Czech Republic, Shanghai, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.