My client, a leading Engineering company based in Wokingham are looking to recruit an experienced Application Engineer / 5 axis CNC Programmer on a full time permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to use the in-house 5 axis CNC Milling machine to undertake customer trials, demonstrations and general R&D work. You will liaise with the Technical team and Sales Engineers and methodically record all data. Candidates must be comfortable dealing with customers face to face.
- Off-line programming of parts for time studies/ trials/ demonstration.
- Follow Company procedures to run the in-house 5-axis CNC milling machine to undertake customer projects/trials and demonstrations (using Heidenhain controls).
- Help to develop new tools and processes including R&D work.
- Create and manage benchmark tests and record results in a presentable format - all data to be recorded and kept up to date.
- Use CAD / CAM to create NC programs (Vericut of benefit, but training available).
- Work off site with customers and partners on occasion if required.
- Develop knowledge of tool design to manufacturing process.
- Liaise with Technical & External Sales to check priority of work and goals, liaise with UK & European teams regarding customer projects.
- Be involved with new technology and constant upgrading of systems/processes.
- Assist with demonstrations and off-site exhibitions if required.
- Always keep the demo room and equipment in a presentable condition.
- Responsible for undertaking cutting trials and time studies for customers along with R&D project work
- Record all data and deliver accurate technical recommendations.
- Keep up to date with new strategies and methods in order to get the best from the tools and win new business.
- Communicate with the Technical /Sales team and sometimes customers on the results achieved.
- Be aware of health and safety regulations relevant to the company and industry.
Education / Experience:
- Computer literate: Able to use Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) to record and look up data.
- Engineering Apprentice trained or experience of 5 axis CNC milling is essential (Heidenhain of benefit).
- Cad / Cam knowledge and experience is essential (Siemens NX of benefit).
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised.
- Able to converse professionally and confidentially to all levels of the management structure, employees and customers.
Standard hours of work at 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday covering a total of 37.5 hours per week.
An attractive salary of up to £42k per annum is on offer for the right candidate.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration and interview.