We are seeking Animal Husbandry Technicians for our Safety Assessment site in Elphinstone, Tranent (close to Edinburgh).
As an Animal Husbandry Technician, you will join a dedicated team involved in caring for a variety of laboratory animal species, including dogs and primates, in a wide range of pre-clinical studies. You will carry out general husbandry tasks, handling and restraint of animals to support the conduct of studies.
No previous experience is required, as comprehensive training will be provided. This role is physical in nature and would suit individuals with both a love for animals and an ability to perform manual work for extended periods.
You will be required to participate in the overtime rota, weekends & weekday evenings, for which additional payments will be made.
Specific criteria that you are required to meet include:
- You will show a caring, self-motivated attitude to animal welfare and continuous improvement, enthusiasm, work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Strong desire to work with animals combined with a high level of empathy and respect.
- Ability to complete tasks to the highest standards
- Accurate recording of tasks completed
- Motivation to commit yourself to the demands of a busy working environment.
- The ability to work independently as well as being a good team player
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent behavioural attributes with a positive approach to their assigned responsibilities.
Salary for this position is £16,560, with advancement as part of a structured career progression scheme
Whilst this vacancy is suitable for people with no prior experience, applications from more experienced candidates particularly with a Home Office Licence, are also welcome.