Are you looking for a role with training and career progression opportunities?
Are you passionate about caring for animals?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Covance in Huntingdon we are looking to recruit an Animal Care Assistant to join our expanding team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Daily welfare checks.
- Provision of adequate fresh food and water.
- Providing animals with environmental enrichment through play and exercise.
- Ensuring enclosures are cleaned in accordance with clear instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop.
What Covance can offer you:
- Animal Care Assistants work both Saturdays and Sundays and receive excellent rates of pay.
- Animal Science and Technology qualifications, as well as structured career progression. Many of our full-time employees started their careers as Animal Facility Assistants and have progressed to become senior team members and managers.
Education / Qualifications
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals, as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience of working with or handling animals is beneficial