This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
A growing pharmaceutical manufacturing company urgently require an Analytical Team Leader to support its continued growth. You will lead the company's method development strategy and provide technical expertise on analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC. You will have significant analytical experience, including method development, HPLC and GC, and have prior experience working in a GMP environment. Supervisory experience is essential.
- To provide the technical expertise on the analytical techniques in place (HPLC, GC and other techniques) and help promote innovation by recommending new analytical techniques that maybe utilised in order to increase the current service offerings,
- To keep up to date with new analytical techniques by reading current analytical literature,
- Lead the company's method development strategy, ensuring all product developments needs are met in an effective and efficient manner,
- Write the method development reports for the analytical work carried out on each project,
- Be the Chromatographic expert for troubleshooting of instrumentation, methods and investigation of aberrant sample results,
- To participate in meetings and phone conferences with new and existing clients when technical issues are being discussed. Ensure close collaboration with clients on all projects,
- Review data, interpret results and make decisions on further actions if required. Ensure that all analytical work carried out by the analytical team is conducted to the required standards.
- Be heavily involved in the continuous improvement projects that help to drive innovation that ensure the companies continued success,
- Execute and approve all laboratory investigations including deviations, CAPAs and participate in process improvements,
- To monitor the teams method development and technical approach
- Make sure that team members adhere to SOPs at all times, prepare, contribute to the writing and revision of SOPs where applicable. To report any deviations from documents and SOPs to the Analytical Heads, Study Directors and Sponsors,
- To ensure all scientific activity is carried out to the "right first time principle". Provide regular reports and KPI feedback to the Analytical Heads to inform decision making,
- To perform any other tasks at the request of the management,
- Help lead the writing and reviewing of both internal and external technical reports and updates,
- To ensure that all documentation, computer data and records are stored appropriately.
Write the study plan for the analytical work carried out on each project,
- Line management of the technical Senior Scientist,
- To mentor in conjunction with the technical experts within the Analytical Team to develop and maximise individual and team performances,
- Keep the Analytical heads updated on their team(s) performance.
- To provide technical training across the analytical team
- To ensure the training program within the analytical team is well structured to provide a sound training basis for new starters and on-going training for analytical staff
- Degree in Chemistry or related subject. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Significant experience in analytical method development and using analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC
- Proven supervisory or management experience
- Working knowledge of GMP - ideally within another pharmaceutical company
Cranleigh Scientific is operating as the sole agent in the recruitment of this opportunity. Please contact Katie Pink with any queries.
£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year