A growing CRO are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their team. You will be capable of day-to-day running of various instrumental analytical techniques. This will include sample management, sample preparation, data processing and generation of reports, as well as general laboratory tasks. You must hold a BSc in Chemistry or related subject and have 2 or more years' experience working within analytical chemistry.
- Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, ICP and mass spectrometry.
- Maintain accurate written and computer records and ensure data integrity within digital and paper systems.
- Perform routine testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performing calibration of pH meters and balances.
- Maintaining inventory of solvents, chemicals, reagents and consumables.
- Basic troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation.
- Mentoring of junior members of staff as the company expands.
- To develop and comply with policies, regulations, systems and procedures in all areas including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Quality and work towards achieving best practice and high standards
- To support any more junior staff in the department as required in line with Sativa Group policies & procedures including training
- Work with due regard to health and safety to themselves and others and will abide by Sativa Group's Health & Safety Policy
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Science or Life Sciences with relevant experience
- Experience in two or more of the following techniques; HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS
- Good understanding of chromatography and/or mass spectrometry
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Good IT skills including Microsoft applications of Excel, Outlook, Databases and Word
- Experience of troubleshooting HPLC, GC and ICP systems
- Experience of UHPLC-MS/MS for trace analysis
- Experience of staff supervision
This is an extremely exciting time to join a rapidly growing company. Apply now
£25,000.00 - £30,000.00 per year