- Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual and sales goals for the territory.
- Plan and schedule face-to-face account calls to current and potential end-users of Leica products.
- Coordinates with subject matter experts (SME) for assistance to install/set-up instrumentation in customer laboratories. Perform demonstrations.
- Assist FSS to optimize antibodies and tailor slide quality to the approval of pathology staff.
- Prepare monthly territory status reports to Regional Sales Manager.
- Manage operating expenses within assigned budgets
- Maintain accurate and current customer contact information.
- Proactively acts to understand customer needs and identify solutions; actively creates business opportunities
- Actively coordinates and manages with SMEs the funnel opportunities and forecasting requirements through each vertical sales region.
- AMP coordinates jointly with the SME team to allocate resources to meet customer expectations for product demonstrations, presentations, quoting and managing the ongoing and future business of the customer across the entirety of the Leica Biosystems portfolio.
- Maintain and update account detail as required.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent
- 2-3 years Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research or industrial setting preferred
- 3-5 years capital sales experience
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
- BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft office including word, excel, and outlook preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Must Possess a valid Driver’s license
- Required travel will range from 50%- 75%
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Strong time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Good decision making and negotiation skills
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self-accountable for results
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Ability to lead and coordinate within a team based approach without direct supervisory responsibility.
- Field Sales Support
- Regional Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Specialist
- Commercial Operations
- Cross portfolio SMEs
- Service Team
- Lab Directors
- Lab Managers
- Hospital administrators
- Supply chain
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- May be requested to work weekends for special program events
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.