For this position we are seeking candidates with significant technology platform, build & deployment experience in this space for large enterprises like Mars. This role will be the technology leader for the platforms we will introduce to Mars, at this time specifically Anaplan complimented by R/Python models operating in Microsoft Azure. You will take ownership for the build & architecture of the platform, the technology strategy, first MVP’s & enterprise use cases and ensure broader integration into the existing & strategic Mars landscape.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying Anaplan models to deliver business responsibilities. The models will need to apply Anaplan best practice and leverage latest functionality to optimize End User Experience. In addition, the models will need to form part of the overall Anaplan architecture at Mars, with automated connections to source systems & analytics where possible.
- You will closely partner with a broad range of stakeholders across Mars (CFO’s & Finance Leaders to Planning Analysts) in a User Centric way to ensure we are solving the right problems. Building on that, you’ll use this direct user exposure to invent true ‘firsts’ - new and emerging approaches that Mars, and maybe even the industry, haven’t seen before.
- You will be able to get hands on with the technology, along with being highly curious about its use and the ability to ramp up skills rapidly but should expect to be supported by our service integrator to scale build & deploy whilst defining & building your own team in parallel.
- Manage and engage across internal Digital Technology teams, Partner vendors and co-pilots
- Own any relevant Technology directions & bring to decision, partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security and business teams as necessary.
- Evangelize, educate and embed the new technologies, but more importantly how the business should think differently about the opportunities that they present.
- Ensure your initiatives are connected not only to the broader Planning & Forecasting stream, but also beyond to the wider Digital Technologies transformation program, flagging opportunities and risks appropriately.
- Establish governance, frameworks and processes for the Technology landscape.
- Ensure Agile, rapid and continuous change is baked into initial and ongoing delivery model.
- Ensuring quality oversight and assurance and oversee work completed by third parties and that there is a robust framework of controls across the Anaplan landscape.
- Drive the strategy for the technology within Mars, not just for Finance but also partnering with Supply & Demand planning groups to consolidate where possible.
What you’ll need
To do all this, you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience is preferred building and supporting complex planning and budgeting & forecasting models using the Anaplan platform.
- Preferably financial planning, corporate finance or accountancy experience & qualification or experience in Supply Chain or the Demand domain.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to both lead & engage technical teams but also face to the business users & leaders to present complex ideas & concepts simply, educate and solve their problems.
- You’ll need an understanding of data models and hierarchies and presentation of data for management reporting & decision making and
- Significant Technology experience, in defining, designing, building & deploying solutions at scale, working with both internal and partner/vendor teams.
- Experience working in and leading delivery of Products (solutions) in a User Centric way leveraging the Agile methodology (any flavor).
- Ideally experienced in, but at minimum very comfortable with modern technology opportunities across Data, Analytics, AI, Automation, Prescriptive & Predictive Analytics and how they relate to business problems/context.
- Experience working in a matrix environment where creating collaboration and influence are required for generating results.
Mars has defined a bold initiative to transform our Finance Data & Systems landscape, enabling Finance to be the architects of value creation and support agile digital-centric Service & Finance associates. Underpinning this transformation, and what makes it possible now are new & emerging Digital Technologies, and the need to introduce modern digital architectures powered by AI, automation and analytics.
Mars Digital Technologies and Finance teams are partnering closely to make this happen, and as such, this role will be an integral part of not only the Mars Digital Technologies team, but also be part of the Finance teams as they develop and execute their change & strategies.
Today, our planning and forecasting processes and systems are intensively human lead, highly manual, Excel based and very iterative. For this reason, a critical initiative will be Forward Looking Finance Systems, bringing higher degrees of accuracy and greater efficiency by moving to data driven, integrated and automated Algorithmic/AI based forecasting.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.