Our client, a major player in the Global Freight Forwarding market is looking for an AIR FREIGHT IMPORTS CLERK to be based in their Hayes location.
The Import Operational Specialist will join a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities to support the overall London Airfreight Import operation.
Your main responsibilities will include...
* Coordination of all the international air import movements for various customers to the organisation
* Managing commercial terms of freight, arrival confirmation and pre-alert details & managing demurrage
* Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments.
* Verify that shipments are processed through customs
* Assists the day-to-day operations of import colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met.
* Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from consignee's
* Trace shipments through transit points up to final destination and advise customer as needed
* Adhere to the Duty & VAT payment policy
* Maintain database
* Support the measurement of Key Performance Indicators
* Create delivery notes for Import Operations-controlled accounts
The Successful Applicant
* Two or more years' experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
* Experience of HMRC procedures
* Commercial awareness.
* Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken)
* Ability to follow processes, support a culture of improvement, and adopt new business strategy.
* Knowledge of Freight Forwarding industry: imports, exports and related processes
* familiar with Microsoft Office programs and you may also be required to be able to operate other equipment dependent upon the employer which will be specified in the position being advertised
Mon - Fri - 09:00 - 17:30: - Permanent Role: Salary up to 26k
25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
£24,000.00 - £26,000.00 per year