A Best-In-Class freight forwarding and logistics service provider to the energy & resource industries are looking for a Air Freight Clerk to work out of their Heathrow office.
The client has five core areas of expertise - global forwarding, project logistics, material management, consultancy services and technology - that together shape a definitive offering to global oil & gas operations.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination and processing of all Airfreight import / export shipments, in line with client directives and PFS standard operating procedures.
* Managing Export / import shipment on a 'cradle to grave' operational basis from quotation, execution and client invoicing.
* Responding to Quote requests in a timely efficient manner for external and internal PFS clients. Identifying any missing information at earliest opportunity and pro-actively communicating with requester to compete a quote.
* Booking of shipments with carriers - Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies
* Ensure data fully and accurately entered into all systems in accordance with company best practice
* Process all shipping documentation including, but not limited to - MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note
* Process customs declarations through ASM Sequoia software in accordance with instructions and HMRC compliance
* Display a positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change
* Experience in Air Freight import freight forwarding to include customs entries, Bond, ETSF / logistics background and some knowledge of exports
* Excellent customer service skills * Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
* Comprehensive understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures
* Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
* Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide, Cargo Office and Croner's Export Guide