Flexibility, family, respect, trust and inspiring. These are not words that a marketing department have come up with to describe working at Pico Technology but real words from employees that work here.
Pico Technology was founded in 1991 in the UK and has since grown to be the market leader for PC based USB Oscilloscopes, data loggers and automotive diagnostic equipment. Over time Pico Technology has grown and alongside their head office in Cambridgeshire now has offices in Germany, Manchester, USA and China.
Software teams are based in St Neots and Manchester.
As Pico Technology continues to grow its engineering function, we are looking to enhance our desktop applications development team. We need an experienced Agile Product Owner to join us in order to be responsible for the creation of high quality and accurate User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, guiding the creation of a well-structured and thought out prioritised backlog with appropriate levels of detail given the amount of information and level of uncertainty at each stage of refinement.
At all times you should be considering the needs and requirements of our Customers, Stakeholders and Business Area Owners and helping them to shape and size them into workable items by our Scrum Teams. The ideal person for this role should be experienced in Stakeholder Management and working with multiple Scrum teams to manage backlogs and a person who will also challenge and help our team members at all levels to shape our products. We are looking for an experienced individual to work in an environment where we learn from our success and failures in an open, supportive and friendly working environment through retrospectives and a genuine working relationship with all members of the team.
- Creation and refinement of product backlogs for our teams
- Creation of backlog items that are clear and concise with none ambiguous acceptance criteria.
- Support and coach key stakeholders, product owners and development team members on maintaining the product backlog
- Managing business prioritisation of the backlog, driving our stakeholders to make decisions based on business value and information, along with making decisions yourself for the team
- Facilitation of Agile meetings such as Agile Storyboarding and other Requirements gathering tools and techniques
- Ensure that our teams operate in a safe and blame free culture in keeping with our company belief of “treating our customers like friends and our employees like family”
Who are we looking for?
- Product Owner\Business Analyst experience in an Agile Environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills in terms of teaching Stakeholders, Developers and other PO’s how to create and manage product backlogs
- Demonstrable knowledge of multiple agile techniques, processes, patterns and tools
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Communication Skills and Mentoring experience at multiple levels in an organisation
- Backlog management using JIRA
- Knowledge or appreciation for electronics, electronics test equipment or automotive electronics would be highly desirable
You will also feel part of a multinational company with regular communication with other offices around the globe using our internal social media network where colleagues share photos, shout-outs and news stories from the company. You may find yourself discussing the recent basketball game with someone from the USA, discussing environmental changes the company can make as part of “Pico Planet” or having cookie baking contests
When not at your desk you may find yourself enjoying a lunch with your team paid for by Pico as every team receives a “fun fund”, having a coffee with members of other departments as part of Costa roulette, participating in our annual pool competitions or simply enjoying some down time in our Pico Garden. All of this contributes to the family feel that is paramount to Pico Technology.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, then apply now for immediate consideration.