ALTEN was set up in 1988 by three French engineering graduates. Today, the company supports some of the world's biggest companies with their R&D and information systems projects.
As a European leader in technology consulting and engineering with around 28.000 employees in 21 countries, ALTEN has stayed true to its origins in engineering, which now, more than ever before, holds the key to the major challenges of the future.
ALTEN Ltd is currently involved in innovation development for the automotive, aerospace, railway and energy industries with premium customers in the UK. ALTEN currently offers opportunities to high potential engineers to join their teams in order to answer the continuous demand of customers and tackle exciting challenges.
As part of our development in the Aerospace sector, we are currently looking for Performance and Aerothermal Technical leader with various skillsets and interests.
Working as part of ALTENs aerospace team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in many challenging engineering activities for a wide variety of customers. As a Technical Leader for Performance you will be part of the aero engine system design team working predominantly on NPI projects for one of our premium customers.
You will ensure the delivery and quality of activities with domain for projects within the aerospace sector by increasing the skills of the ALTEN teams.
The ideal candidate must show:
- High level of commitment towards ALTEN and our customers stakes
- Autonomous technical management abilities
- Solutions oriented mind-set
- Delivery focus
- Result driven and fact-based approach
- Strong abilities to work under pressure
Ideal Skills & Pre-requisites:
Qualified to M.Sc. or MEng with a strong technical engineering background, you will have at least 8 years of experience with:
- Gas Turbine Thermodynamic Cycle Analysis
- Steady State Performance.
- Transient Performance.
- Engine Control System. Controls Laws & Logic
- Gas Turbine Development / Engine Validation / Airworthiness Certification
- Ability to analyse (and synthesize) problems and opportunities in front both to internal and external customers
- Management: coordinate activities (delivery and quality), manage and motivate a team
- Strong oral presentation skills and the ability to prepare and present clear and concise presentations and documents.
- Flexibility and an ability to learn and adapt
- Ability to plan and anticipate
At ALTEN Ltd you will join one of the fastest growing consultancies in the UK, with variety of customers and activities. Personal qualities that we value are the ability to act professionally as a consultant and to understand the client's goals and values. These include someone who is positive, able to create and maintain long lasting relationships with our customers, thrilled by challenges and able to use creativity and hard work to find new solutions.