Advisory Services Staff Consultant (Marketing Analytics)
Marketers can’t hide behind old-school metrics and gut feel any longer. The best ones are marrying technology, data, and strategic expertise to make the right marketing investments. That’s where MarketShare comes in.
In the Advisory Services Staff Consultant role, you’ll support multi-million dollar customer engagements, with responsibility for organizing internal teams and developing enduring, trusted, and effective relationships with your customers. You’ll also play a key role in evolving MarketShare in building our team, helping develop the next crop of MarketShare employees.
You’ll build your network with the top marketing leadership in major companies across virtually all industries. You’ll work to reveal the business drivers of the Fortune 500, while developing expertise at the intersection of big data, marketing, and consulting. Our work is not just about delivering a project and moving on to the next challenge. Instead, it’s about delivering an evolving stream of value and enabling fact-based decision making.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll be on the team that is the face of the company for our customers – and the go-to resources that delivers on the promise of MarketShare.
- You’ll diagnose business needs, translate into questions that MarketShare will answer, and architect ways to wrangle data from multiple sources.
- You’ll partner with MarketShare’s modeling team and other strategists to identify new insights, and translate findings into insights and stories that create ‘ah ha’ moments for customers.
- You’ll be the bridge between the builders of sophisticated quant models and people who run screaming from numbers.
- You’ll translate our analytics into the stakeholder’s native language and tell stories to make complex things simple to understand and translate into measurable actions.
- You’ll ensure that customers get the full benefit of MarketShare’s software and accompanying strategic advice.
- You will evolve and improve processes and achieve greater quality, consistency, profitability, customer satisfaction, and efficiency, getting new customers up to speed with MarketShare’s software faster.
- You’ll work with analysts, coaching them to deliver outstanding service and results while collaborating with modelers, data management experts, software product managers, other strategy team members, and MarketShare’s leadership.
- You’ll also keep an eye out for opportunities to expand our work with customers for mutual benefit.
Skills, Talents Experience you’ll need:
- A head for numbers, a heart for customers, and a passion for defining the standards of marketing effectiveness.
- Exceptional analytics and quantitative acumen with understanding of marketing mix models or close experience such as predictive analytics.
- You are well versed in data and have no problem calling BS, telling truth to power when data looks wonky.
- You have measurement experience across multiple channels, and your passion is for data sources that are real time and audience addressable.
- Advanced proficiency with software tools such as Excel to gather, assess, and analyze data as well as PowerPoint to build presentations.
- Skilled in developing relationships and delivering on projects that have grown into long-term relationships.
- Resilient work ethic with the capability to adapt to the situation, flexibility and nimbleness in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, applied science, statistics, mathematics or economics. MBA preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience in marketing analytics strategy or marketing consulting, in a client-facing role.
- Specific experience in the ad-tech industry, a digital marketing agency, a programmatic buying company or client side digital advertising is a plus.
- Big brand experience is a big plus.
Why work with us?
Because you’re smart, entrepreneurial and are ready to be challenged every day to break new ground in next-gen marketing cloud technology that empowers boardroom through to machine-to-machine decisions. You are willing to deliver excellence & innovation, fight for customer success, work collaboratively, and manage complexity.
Our customers use the MarketShare DecisionCloud to create an analytics control center that simplifies and scales the decision-making process. As a leader in our field, we are helping to influence tens of billions of dollars in marketing spend. We deliver a full spectrum of marketing decision support apps from best-in-class strategic optimization through to detailed digital attribution thus enabling rapid course corrections and recommendations to drive ROI and connect marketing to revenue.
MarketShare is a software and analytics company that uses data science and technology solutions to bring order to complexity and help our clients make better, faster, data-driven decisions – with confidence. MarketShare Culture -- What’s important to us, and ideally to you, include:
- Comfort with ambiguity: We embrace the complexity of our clients’ environments and believe that there are seldom-easy answers.
- Embracing the high-wire act: We’re inventing the space where marketing meets math meets technology. This is a new category, and we have to innovate as we go.
- Intelligently curious: We have never met a problem that we didn’t want to solve with solutions that are practical, innovative, and value-rich.
- Innovating Products: We are developing avant-garde SaaS solutions and cloud based products to make the analytics real and actionable
- Being a results-driven team player that is all about collaboration, growth, and excellence.
With today’s explosion of data and consumer touch points, complexity keeps growing. Our team, our technology and our insights are the single place to turn to get the best possible recommendations for driving performance from both offline and online marketing investments. We align decision making from the most strategic to the most tactical. Our clients range across sectors including automotive, retail, insurance, financial, travel & leisure, technology, consumer electronics, entertainment, pharmaceuticals and others.
Our solutions help marketing executives answer complicated questions such as:
- What is the effectiveness of our marketing investments in generating sales, and where should our next dollar be spent?
- How do TV, radio and print media drive online behaviors and resulting sales, and how do we balance our online-offline mix?
- Within online channels, how can we continually optimize our digital marketing across placements, publisher sites, keywords, etc?
- How can I adjust my pricing to quickly changing market environments?
- How can I use proprietary data to see how my company compares against peers and generate recommendations to optimize media plan effectiveness.
The MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Hyderabad, and Bangalore.
Outside Recruiters: Outside recruiters: please remember that email@example.com is the exclusive destination for your recommendations!