Administrator / Receptionist - Dyfodol Contract
Cardiff, CF10 2FE
£17,762.50 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
G4S in Wales are a key provider of criminal justice services- operating in both the custodial and community sectors. We pride ourselves on the quality of our provision and we consistently seek to work alongside and in partnership with a range of other providers in the voluntary (third), public and private sectors.
We have developed services which are focussed on identifying ways to maximise positive impact and make the most effective use of available resource by working with other agencies on common objectives. In this way we are increasingly able to meet wide ranging and complex needs in the most appropriate way.
We have a commitment to research, evaluation and review of evidence based initiatives.
We value and, where possible, contribute to research into reducing re-offending and therefore we recognise the importance of understanding the wider environment in which individuals operate and this informs us about how best to engage, support and help people with change.
We seek to employ people with drive and energy and a real interest in innovation and teamwork – working beyond traditional organisational boundaries.
The post holder will provide an efficient and professional administration service for the Dyfodol service, maintaining an effective appointment system and ensuring all calls and visits from service users, outside agencies and staff are dealt with promptly and courteously.
To maintain and update information as required, in a timely and accurate manner and produce information as required by managers and relevant others.
- As first point of contact within the service, ensuring all visitors receive a friendly and efficient service and that all calls and visits are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Ensure all service users leaving the building are provided with details of their next appointments.
- Ensure the smooth running of the reception areas.
- Processing of correspondence/data entry as required
- To check files in line with contractual obligations of the service
- To maintain and update the web-based information database as required, in a timely and accurate manner particularly for statutory appointments.
- Preparation of statistical data and reports as required
- Responsible for minor security and administration functions on the web-based database
- To check and validate data recorded on the web-based database on a regular basis to ensure it meets quality and performance standards, ensuring that data is accurate and exported to deadline.
- To undertake remedial work on incorrect data to improve outcomes
- Record service user attendance on diary system and ensure the case worker and/or nursing team are kept informed of any change to appointment date/time.
- Contribute to the improvement and upkeep of all service user areas, taking responsibility for the reporting of damage to management and other relevant personnel.
- Record any unacceptable behaviour and incidents in the Incidents Log and report to management.
- Encourage participation by service users in the quarterly Service User Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Ensure all service user information displayed in the waiting room area is current and relevant, keeping the wall space tidy and maintaining sufficient stock of harm reduction leaflets and information.
- Assist in the storing of all current and discharged service user information in line with Data Protection Act, adhering to confidentiality policies at all times.
- Assist the team by undertaking initial assessments with service users following training where appropriate.
- Manage petty cash and process invoices
- Control drug test and administration stock levels and place orders via purchasing.
- Maintain health and safety records for designated sites
- Support the team in the maintenance of recording and database systems, photocopying and general administrative tasks.
- Assist the team by undertaking drug testing and acting as a ‘competent other’ where required following training.
General terms of reference:
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
- Work flexibly within an agreed number of hours of work to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision.
- Seek to improve personal performance, contribution, knowledge and skills.
- Participate in PDP, training and supervision processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the client group
- Ensure the implementation of all G4S policies.
- Contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Previous experience of relevant work and ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the need to deliver quality service.
- Able to access Police NICHE system.
- Relevant training and ability to demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
- Experience in the use of a range of IT applications (Excel, Outlook, Word and database)
- Demonstrate skills to undertake administrative duties and manage data collection systems.
- Understanding of Data Protection / Confidentiality.
- Experience of contributing to project / systems developments.
And the ability to:
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Understand and have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity.
- Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards service users.
- Demonstrate a commitment to own ongoing professional development
- Show commitment to facilitating positive outcomes for service users
- Understanding of the issues facing substance misusers
- Understanding of PalBase case management systems
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- IT and/or Administration qualification
- Access to own transport
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
Please note that applicants must complete a 500 word statement outlining their suitability for the role and clearly outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge would apply to this post.