To provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Personal Injury team. To also undertake paralegal/fee earning tasks as required. To ensure the department functions effectively & to enable the department to achieve the objectives set out in the department business plan. To ensure that work done by the department complies with internal quality standards and external requirements
Clients & Work
- Undertake administrative duties including, but not limited to: photocopying/scanning, copy typing, data entry, audio typing, dealing with post, filing, inputting key dates, file opening including preparation of funding documents, and archiving.
- Answer telephone calls from clients, take messages and deal with straightforward enquiries.
- Draft letters and documents, under supervision, using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect the fee earners instructions.
- Undertake basic paralegal work following training, and under supervision, including reviewing medical records and drafting attendance notes, Companies House and ELTO insurance searches, arranging CMCs, show cause hearings, conferences and trials, preparing bundles for experts, counsel and hearings, legal research.
- Time records for aspects of work where appropriate.
Growing the business
- Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities to include, booking facilities, preparing presentation material and marketing documentation.
- Attend RWK BD events where appropriate to provide support. This will include greeting and registering attendees and providing refreshments.
- Take an active part in promoting the firm and assist with updating the RWK website and social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook.
- If required updated CRM system to input data and manage client and contact information through the system including adding contacts details, referrals and new clients.
- Build good relationships with third parties including referrers, experts, counsels’ clerks and other solicitors.
- Participate in relevant firm wide and department marketing events and training.
- Act as an ambassador for the firm at all times.
People & Culture
- Provide support for other fee earners in the asbestos team and act as a resource for the wider PI team, providing help where required.
- Fully integrate in to the team and department. Work closely with your supervising fee earner and the team to ensure work is done to the expected standards and in the required time frames.
- Liaise with members of the wider Personal injury team in Bath and Oxford and other teams across the business.
Financial & Operational Excellence
- Arrange team meetings where appropriate preparing agendas and minutes.
- Assist with the development and storage of precedents and make effective use of the asbestos knowledge and insurer databases.
- Ensure that all working processes and practices comply with relevant quality and service standards.
- Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to risk and compliance, confidentiality, security, date protection and file retention requirements.
- Make effective use of relevant IT systems.
- Make suggestions form procedural changes to improve efficiency. Take ownership of small projects where appropriate.
- Complete any work as required by your Assessor and Department Head in order to successfully complete your apprenticeship qualification.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your supervising fee earner or Head of Department.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs A-C (Including English and Maths)
- Legal qualifications (LLB or LPC) are desirable
- Previous experience within an administrative role
- Previous experience within a legal environment is desirable
- Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise
- Client service focused
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our commercial, private client, clinical negligence and personal injury work. We were the winner of the Managing Partners’ Forum ‘Best Managed Firm’ award for 2019.
Our firm has 520 people with offices in Bath, Oxford, London, Swindon and Marlborough.
At Royds Withy King, people come first. Our brand is built around being ‘Ahead of the Curve’. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating their needs and coming up with solutions.
We also pride ourselves on providing a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients.
Our friendly, accessible and supportive culture is incredibly important to us and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. Our people tell us that this is a firm with a flat structure, where everyone has a voice and everyone’s opinions matter.