We have a vacancy at The Oaks Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Amersham for an enthusiastic and well-organisedperson to join our friendly and supportive administration team. This role is to provide cover for a member of our team who is going on maternity leave in Spring 2020, and will initially be for a fixed term of one year.
Job Title: Admin assistant (maternity cover)
Job Salary: Range 2 £19,077 to £21,429 (pro rata) Actual salary £9,182 - £10,314
Contract Type: Fixed term (1 year initially but open to review)
Hours: 3 days a week (8:30am to 3:30pm) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Term time only plus 3 INSET days (4 or 5 days a week is available for the right applicant).
Closing Date for Applications: 5 p.m. on 3 December 2019
The Buckinghamshire Primary Pupil Referral Unit supports children who are finding life difficult at their mainstream school. You will find more information about what we do and who we support on our website www.bucksprimarypru.co.uk
About the role
Our administration team are at the heart of organising and managing all of the administration for the PRU including:
- communication with parents and suppliers
- meeting and greeting pupils and visitors
- maintaining pupils records, including attendance and assessment data
- producing letters and emails
- completing all the necessary office administration from filing and creating databases to making sure that we have sufficient supplies of pens and refreshments!
The role is varied and you will be one of our “go to” people for anything and everything needed to help with the administration necessary to ensure the smooth running of the PRU.
We hope to appoint someone as soon as possible so that there is sufficient time for training, getting to know colleagues and a successful hand over of duties before our current team member goes on maternity leave.
A visit to The Oaks is highly recommended and you will get a chance to meet colleagues and look around the site. Please call us on 01494 586845 to make an appointment.
See attached Job Description for more information.
We are looking for applicants who:
- are well organised with an eyefordetail
- have experience of working in a primary school setting or in a busy office environment
- understand the need for confidentiality
- are flexible and pro-active
- are able to work as part of a team but also confident to work on their own initiative
If you have a “can do” attitude, enjoy multi tasking and you are interested in helping us to ensure that our pupils have the best opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
See attached Person Specification for more information.
Please send applications by email or post to:
PA to the Executive headteacher
The Oaks Pupil Referral Unit
Elangeni School Site
Bucks HP6 6EG
The PRU operates safe recruitment practices and checks will be made through the Disclosure and Barring Service. All applications must be on Bucks CC application forms.