Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Costain Oil and Gas is a leading provider of full lifecycle engineering services in the development, design, delivery and maintenance of Oil & Gas infrastructure. Our capabilities include brownfield project & optimisation, decommissioning, field development, consultancy services, complex delivery, asset optimisation and technology.
We are looking to build a pool of experienced engineering designers we can call on to support with additional work as and when required in our ABERDEEN office.
We regularly have a need for experienced designers from Senior to Lead level within piping, structural, electrical and instrumentation.
If you would like to register your interest for ad-hoc work with us please apply.
- Work under supervision of Lead Designer or Discipline Engineer to ensure that project discipline draughting activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity.
- Develop design specifications and drawings for assigned discipline deliverables utilising appropriate technology, design methods, software and application of industry best practice
- Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly designed
- Ensure deliverables are produced to acceptable industry standards in compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel and assist with design objectives across the business
Relevant HND or equivalent experience
Extensive design experience within specialist discipline
Excellent knowledge of design and construction for on and offshore Oil & Gas industry
Hands on experience of designing ustilising appropriate software - eg PDMS/E3D, STAAD Pro, Inventor etc. depending on discipline
Attention to detail
Methodical and meticulous
Able to work flexibly, as part of a team and deliver high quality results under pressure and to tight deadlines
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.