Were not in the shipping business; were in the information business -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.Job Description
Manage Accounts Receivables processes, including receiving, safeguarding, deposit and recording of receipts and assisting in the Credit Management process, ensuring Customers remain within agreed credit and payment terms.
- Proactively identify problem accounts and follow up queries via email/telephone to effectively resolve issues through building key relationships with Customers and Internal Staff.
- Ensure no payments are left unallocated at month end and provide support to the Banking/Treasury team for unidentified receipts.
- Generate and deliver timely Statements, and perform timely reconciliations.
- Generate invoicing report and send daily.
- Provide up to date detailed collection notes listing actions on every past-due invoice in the ARCM system (Accounts Receivable Collection Management).
- Maintain a filing system in accordance to internal and local document retention policies.
- Produce Exception Reports for the Weekly AR Meeting per company AR Goals (Aging Analysis, No Bad Debt, 100% Collection within Terms, No OCL (Over Credit Limit)) and maintain meeting minutes.
- Prepare the bad debt calculation (Trade AR Allowance) and the bad debt roll forward schedule for the monthly P&L.
- Assist Controller with Credit tasks in line with the Global Credit Policy (maintain Customer payment terms, company rating & risk rating; evidence in e.doc Global Lookup the establishment and approval of credit in the BCR system (Branch Credit Request) and performance of annual credit reviews).
- Assist in Internal Control Evaluations and Internal/External Audits by preparing required information/documentation.
- Support Accounting Department with miscellaneous projects and assignments.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
Expeditors Company Policies and Procedures
Basic Accounting Knowledge
Strong MS Office Skills (intermediate level Excel skills)
Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven history of providing exceptional customer service
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Good data entry and computer skills
Professional appearance and attitude
Reliable and accurate
Adhere to the companys 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
Minimum 2 years A/R experience
Expeditors offers excellent benefits