Excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join an expanding company based in Manchester!
The company is a young and dynamic organisation delivering high quality, engaging and unique training and professional development solutions. Working with leading industry and academic partners such as the University of Chester, Gunnercooke and the Chartered Management institute and guided by our Board of industry experts, we aim to deliver innovative and market led programmes and courses.
The accounts assistant will work alongside the head of finance to assist in the day to day running and maintenance of the accounting ledgers.
- Raising sales invoice
- Posting purchase ledger invoices
- Credit control
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparing payment runs
- Maintain creditors and debtor’s ledger
- Liaise with other departments for invoice approval/sign off
- Reconcile banks – including posting all receipts and payments
- Taking clients payments through payment portal
- Invoice queries (sales and purchase)
- Matching and coding of purchase invoices
- Posting credit cards expenditure
- Any other ad-hoc work to assist the Head of Finance
We also require you to have all the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills
A qualification in accounting is not essential but a current AAT studier would be advantageous.
- Sage 50 experience (essential)
- Knowledge of double entry (essential)
- Microsoft office experience (essential)
- 1-2 years’ experience within an accounting role
This role detail is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment.
Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience