Job Title: Accounts Assistant (Part Time)
Location: Yeadon, Leeds
Salary: £8,500 - £10,000 (dependent on experience)
Summary of Position:
Our client is a national, growing business selling window furnishing accessories to the trade with an ambitious growth target for the long term. They are now looking for a part time Accounts Assistant to support the Finance manager to keep ledgers and accounts systems on schedule and up to date. The Accounts Assistant has the potential to expand into production of management accounts and management information if the person wishes to do this.
- Enter purchase invoices
- Enter cash daily
- Update Cash flow Document
- Check On-Stop orders for release when paid
- Send statements to customers
- To take card payments from customers
- To check and release deferred payments on Sagepay
- To chase for sign-off of non-approved purchase invoices.
- To check and raise credit notes from requests from Customer Services
- To reconcile Bank Accounts
- To maintain the purchase ledger up to date daily
- To maintain the cash flow monitor and bank accounts up to date
- To ensure that orders are not held up from being dispatched when accounts are paid
- To check and raise credit notes when appropriate
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- To maintain the nominal, purchase and sales ledgers up to date. Lag measure.
- To enter all purchase invoices received daily.
- To enter cash daily and reconcile the bank account and to update the Cash-flow document daily.
Skills & Experience:
- Numerate and Literate
- Willing Team Player
- Confident communicator
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Experience using MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in a similar role would be useful but not essential
Hours of work: 10:00am – 14:30pm, Monday to Friday