As a Accounts Assistant you will operate as an effective accountant for a 9 – 12 months maternity leave cover within the UK Finance Department.
You would need to be a commercially minded and experienced accountant to oversee a broad range of management accounting duties for the UK and Poland entities as well as providing the main finance support for the operational teams.
In order to supplement the team and support the continued transformational change process within the business, a proactive individual that enjoys collaborating with other functions outside finance to drive the financial agenda is required. You need to be able to work well in a global matrix organisation and set priorities in a fast-paced environment with changing demands and deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing
Monthly Reporting and Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Completion of the monthly entity close process within the group reporting timetable and delivering all balance sheet reconciliations fully reconciled and completed accordingly.
- Preparation of detailed monthly pack for presentation to Senior Management, with material business activities and changes/variance commentary.
- Year-end annual accounts and audit process management including audit file preparation & liaison with auditors.
- Review and approval of supplier weekly and ad-hoc payment runs.
- Support key operational teams in commercial analysis to deliver improved financial performance.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the transformational change initiative, systems and reporting improvement.
- Completion of periodic regulatory and compliance returns including employee/corporate tax, VAT and statistical returns.
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Build key internal relationships across the organisation to ensure the finance function is closely linked to all areas of the business.
- Liaise and collaborative with the international Finance Departments especially in the US, Canada and Australia on a regular basis.
- Detailed analysis of profitability by activity.
- Provide monthly KPIs and commentary for management.
- Inputs into the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing actual company results Vs budget & forecasts.
- Pricing – support pricing policy and review profit per product & contract.
- Develop and improve financial reporting.
- Proven experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years, ideally within the direct selling industry.
- Must be studying towards a professional accounting qualification – ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA.
- Intermediate level excel skills are essential.
- Prior system experience of Oracle would be an advantage.
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills
- The role will suit an individual who is flexible, a team player and who thrives on challenges, is hands on, prefers to work in a fast pace dynamic work environment and is passionate about delivering good results.
- The candidate will be able to work full time, 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
- The candidate may be required to work additional hours in line with business needs and departmental functions, such as month end.
Arbonne International is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Arbonne International it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid sick days