Central Cost Accounts Assistant – Inchcape Head Office, Milton Keynes
Inchcape is a leading global automotive distributor and retailer operating in the premium vehicle sector, based in 26 international markets. We currently employ around 14,500 people. Inchcape is listed on the FTSE 250 (currently 113th).
In the UK, Inchcape is one of the leading franchised retailer groups in the UK partnering many of the world’s best brands, operating from 100+ Retail Centres working in partnership with Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Land Rover, Toyota, Lexus, MINI and Porsche, we employ more than 5,000 people.
As part of Inchcape Retail’s wider Finance team, you will bring your passion for putting the customer first to the Reporting & Financial Accounting team to assist with the preparation of the monthly financial statements and annual statutory accounts to aid management decision making. In addition, you will develop an in depth knowledge of the business and use this knowledge along with your past experience to add value to all that you do.
You will embrace the challenge of working in a diverse multi-franchise business of significant scale (UK turnover £2.7bn) with a distributed decision making structure and wide geographic footprint.
The role of the Central Cost Accounts Assistant should be able to provide support to the Central Cost Accountant/ Reporting & Financial Accounting Manager and the wider Finance team.
- Assist in the preparation of the management accounts in time, posting and preparing accurate journals such as prepayments, fixed assets, accruals and payroll journal
- Complete monthly balance sheets reconciliation, investigating and clearing any outstanding balances
- Invoicing Intercompany and maintaining the Intercompany sales ledger account
- Timely recharging of central costs and payroll to relevant areas of the business
- Maintain the fixed asset register and depreciation, liaising with project managers and IT to monitor spends and work in progress account
- Developing a strong relationship with Banking, Purchase ledger and Sales ledger teams to help ensure accurate postings and timely payments
- Sending accounts to senior business managers and helping non-financial mangers understand the costs within their department
- Taking tasks through to completion and looking to continually Improving current processes
- Support year end deliverables required by the auditors in a proficient manner
- Responding to ad hoc tasks and inquires as requested by the wider senior finance team by gathering, analysing and interpreting data
- Complete the quarterly Central VAT return
- Cross cover for other areas in the Reporting & Financial accounting and FP&A teams as required
- Ad hoc financial inquiries
Core Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience within accounts / finance or a recent graduate with a keen interest in moving into the finance field
- Strong Excel skills and a desire to learn and improve to minimise manual work
- Be able to communicate clearly, concisely, verbally and in writing
- Have the ability to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritise workload under pressure
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- A desire to study towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Ability to achieve objectives in the face of resistance and ambiguity, whilst maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and changing environment and the ability to prioritise workload and manage the expectations of the stakeholders
Inchcape Company Benefits
For your valued contribution we will provide you with a fantastic benefits package including;
- Employee Advantage scheme which has over 3000 retailers with 1000’s of discounted products and services
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Holiday allowance, rising with length of service
- Discount membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Cycle to work scheme
And much more………….
Click Here To Apply