Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Yeadon, Leeds
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 (dependent on experience)
Summary of Position:
Our client is a national, growing business selling window furnishing accessories to the trade with an ambitious growth target for the long term. They are now looking for a part time Accounts Assistant to support the Finance manager to keep ledgers and accounts systems on schedule and up to date. The Accounts Assistant will also be responsible to collect the cash outstanding from customers to maintain optimum operating cash flow.
This role has potential to expand into production of management accounts and management information if the person wishes to do this.
- Enter purchase invoices and cash daily
- Update Cash flow Document
- Check On-Stop orders for release when paid
- Send statements to customers
- To take card payments from customers
- To check and release deferred payments on Sagepay
- To chase for sign-off of non-approved purchase invoices
- To check and raise credit notes from requests from Customer Services
- To reconcile Bank Accounts
- To call all customers who are overdue and on stop.
- To approve Credit accounts and set up Finance system for credit accounts.
- To close down accounts on the finance system.
- To follow up all bad debts until uncollectable.
- Take appropriate action from the Creditsafe reports received daily.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- To maintain the nominal, purchase and sales ledgers up to date.
- To enter all purchase invoices received daily.
- To enter cash daily and reconcile the bank account and to update the Cash-flow document daily.
- To maintain debtor days below 45 days.
- To call all customers 15 days beyond terms.
- To prevent bad debts by collecting cash promptly and not extending credit lines.
- To ensure that all customers beyond terms pay before next order.
- To know on a weekly basis what the required Cash Collection should be, and to forecast cash collection within 10%.
Skills & Experience:
- Numerate and Literate
- Willing Team Player
- Confident communicator
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Experience using MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in a similar role would be useful but not essential