ReportingTo: BlueVenn Accountant
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Salary & Benefits: Circa £25,000 plus bens to include study, bonus, share options, health and pension
The Blue Group is the coalition of two marketing solution providers offering a complete range of data-driven marketing services to marketers around the world.
The businesses works out of offices in Bristol UK (HQ), Cheltenham UK, Egham UK, Raleigh USA and Nimes FRANCE, and service over 400 clients including some of the biggest brands on the planet.
Reporting to the Project Accountant (also in Bristol) assisting the Finance Team in a wide range of accounting activities to ensure the smooth day to day running of the finance function.
Sales Ledger to include:
- Customer account maintenance
- Sales invoicing as per contracts / training attended / services delivered
- Ensuring sales order requests are authorised and processed
- Accounts receivable processes, including credit control
- Issuing weekly aged debt reports to the Board of Directors
- Deal with any customer queries as they arise
Purchase Ledger to include:
- Supplier account maintenance
- Purchase invoicing following authorization procedures
- Ensuring purchase orders requests are authorised and processed
- Setting up payment runs for approval by Accountant / Financial Controller / CFO
- Deal with any supplier queries as they arise
Bank & Cash Management to include:
- Setting up outgoing payments via BACS / CHAPS
- Daily Bank Reconciliation in multi currencies
- Supporting the Accountant with daily updates to the cash forecast following Bank Rec
- Banking cheque receipts
- Petty Cash management and monthly reconciliation
Expenses to include:
- Employee Expenses and Company Credit Cards
- Maintenance of the company employee expense system
- Check all employee expenses analysis against expense policy
- Ensure all expenses analysis are correctly authorised
- Check that all claimable VAT on expenses is correct
- Reconciling Credit Card statement against receipts and approved expenses
- Post month-end expenses journals
- Distribute expense reports in various currencies to Group Accountants & HR
Assisting the Accountant to include:
- Support the preparation of monthly reporting, as required
- Completing Sales, Purchases, Banking, and Expenses processes to support the completion of Month-end and Year-End Accounts
- Providing monthly expenditure reports to Group Accountants
- Filing of finance related documentation in support of month-end accounts, audit and company requirements
- You are an enthusiastic and self-driven individual with an interest and drive for efficient processes.
- You are looking to be placed in a fast-paced team where each day presents new opportunities to learn new skills.
- GCSEs in English, Maths and Science
- A minimum of 3 years' experience undertaking the main duties as listed on a temporary, contract or permanent basis is essential
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Sage 50 Accounts, Word, Outlook and Adobe Reader
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Either studying towards or wishing to start AAT qualifications
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to work using their own initiative with minimal supervision, you will be an assertive and persistent problem solver with an accurate and details orientated approach to your work
- Company Bonus Scheme - up to 5% of your annual salary, paid quarterly, based on objectives
- Group Salary Exchange Pension - 5% of your basic salary from the Company (with a minimum 3% contribution from you)
- Private Health Care for you and family
- Death in Service - 4 times salary
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Share Options
To apply to our vacancy for an Accounts Assistant, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!