Accounts Assistant who has excellentorganisational, time-management and communication skills that works to a high level of accuracy and has some experience working within a busy finance team is required for a well-established Companybased in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
SALARY:up to £20,000 per annum + Benefits (22 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays, a 4% pension contribution on basic pay and the ability to join the company private medical scheme)
LOCATION:Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for anAccounts Assistant who has excellentorganisational, time-management and communication skills that works to a high level of accuracy and has some experience working within a busy finance team.
Working as the Finance / Accounts Assistant you will work alongside and report to the Finance Director, to perform all accounting entries and functions through to the preparation of monthly management reports.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as a Finance / Accounts Assistant, which would suit someone who is studying towards, or has recently achieved, their AAT level 3 or 4; who is already working in an accountsenvironment and ideally has some experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable and basic book keeping; has a willingness to learn and would like to broaden their experience further.
Whilst this role is fundamentally accounts based it will involve around 20% of time assisting the Sales Team and Office Manager with back-office administration including the overall management of jobs, preparation of purchase orders, management of stock and deliveries from suppliers/to customers and ultimately acting as back up for this role during busy periods or to cover sickness or holidays.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right person to grow their accounting skills and experience through on the job training provided.Depending on the experience of applicants this role can be grown in to over time with the opportunity to take on greater responsibility as the company and your experience/skills grow.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as theFinance / Accounts Assistant:
Key Accounting Responsibilities:
- Preparation of sales invoices; post sales invoices to Sage; chase debtors and respond to customer enquiries
- Match purchase invoices to purchase orders; post purchase invoices to Sage; reconcile supplier statements; process month end supplier payments and respond to supplier enquiries
- Post bank receipts and payments to Sage; complete weekly bank reconciliations; reconcile credit card
- Perform month end procedures including journals for fixed assets, accruals and prepayments, deferred income and costs, cut-off testing, and update and reconcile supporting schedules accordingly
- Preparation and reconciliation of VAT Returns
- Preparation of holding company and US subsidiary management accounts (limited transactions)
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested including sales and purchase analysis and involvement in year-end audit preparation and procedures
General administration tasks:
- Assist the sales team and office manager to; negotiate with suppliers, raise purchase orders, follow up delivery dates with suppliers, assist with goods received and the despatch of goods to customers
- Answer phone calls, take messages and respond to emails; filing and archiving; any other tasks as reasonably requested
- Commitment to role and company
- A can-do attitude and positive personality
- Polite, professional, reliable and responsible
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills, a thorough way of working and the ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal / good telephone manner
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency