A hands-on role working as a general Accountant, looking after the German subsidiary.Approximately 70% of the role will be hands-on daily routine. The other 30% will require technical and systems skills for tasks which are varied and sometimes complex, allowing the individual to use their experience to the full. The business requires both SME and corporate skills.The role works closely with the in-country Accountant, Finance Manager, Cost Accountant and Management Accountant to provide analysis, support, reporting and process improvement in areas across the department.
- General accounting duties to ensure accurate processing of transactions and preparation of period-end close. To enable timely and accurate submission for internal and external reporting deadlines (reconciliation, reporting, sub-schedules) to strict timelines.
- Ensure all tax (direct / indirect) returns and compliance items are ready to be filed in a timely manner.
- Assist with periodic disclosure schedules and account analysis.
- Assist with budget cycle to include capital, revenue, cogs and Opex.
- Commentary on results for month / quarter with variance analysis.
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts and local GAAP to US GAAP conversion.
- Provide ad hoc and regular reports to stakeholders.
- Provide holiday cover for in-country accountant work.
- Other finance duties commensurate to the position.
Skills and knowledge
- A level of accounting knowledge equivalent to a UK qualified Accountant (CCAB) with 5+ years’ experience.
- High level of Excel skill to include in depth knowledge of formulas; maintaining complex interlinked sheets; ability to build and modify MS Query. Can create robust well documented worksheets with error checking built in.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- German language skills are a distinct advantage.
3+ years working within a multinational corporate environment in a similar role.
UK equivalent degree in Accounting or recognized professional qualification; exceptional PQ or Finalist ACCA/CIMA will be considered depending on experience.
Able to travel to Europe for short durations 2-3 days 4-6 times a year. All travel will be scheduled in advance.The role has restricted annual leave around accounting close and audit cycles.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension matched up to 8%
- Bupa private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday (including extra day on your birthday)
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership discounts
- Shopping discounts
About Bio-Rad and the Antibody Business
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad has a portfolio in excess of 11,000 antibodies and associated reagents, which are sold in over 55 countries world-wide, through both direct sales and via a network of global distributors. The portfolio business is complemented with a leading range of custom antibody manufacture and generation services, including recombinant monoclonal antibodies produced via Bio-Rad’s HuCAL® technology.
The antibody business is headquartered in Kidlington, near Oxford, England, along with its main production facilities.
If you live over 50 miles from Kidlington in Oxfordshire please indicate in your cover letter if you wish to relocate or commute.
All applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role, click 'Apply’ with an updated CV and cover letter.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.