Campus Management is a leading provider of cloud-based SIS, CRM and ERP solutions and services that transform higher education institutions. Today, more than 1,100 institutions in over 30 countries partner with Campus Management to transform academic delivery, student success, and operational efficiency.
The Account Manager (AM) serves as the primary point of contact for a specific client from post-sale of their products and is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction additional to securing and growing the financial investment of the client. The Account Manager develops and maintains the ongoing strategic business relationship with clients throughout the contract term to ensure product and new feature adoption, creating value for the client to drive a high renewal rate. The AM is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within assigned accounts and identifying new revenue opportunities. Identifying opportunities for growth and expansion within the account in collaboration with Professional Services by upselling clients to additional products, migrations and/or professional services offerings. The candidate must be a proactive professional with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically. This role is critical to the successful delivery of current client contracts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Owns the overall relationship and communication with all key client stakeholders and decision makers. Ensure overall client satisfaction of both new and existing clients.
- Acts as a liaison between primary client contacts and all Campus Management staff who service and support the client. Coordinates with the corresponding Account Executives and Professional Services team on transitioning new accounts to ensure proper continuity of client experience post-sale.
- Engage in strategic and tactical conversations with clients at multiple levels including CTO, VC, DVC, and functional users
- Work closely with the Professional Services team to maintain a continuous knowledge of account status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the client
- Identify, track, and resolve all issues and risks associated with the delivery of client contracts
- Manage scope and client expectations effectively throughout the life of the contract in line with Service Level Agreements
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization, and objectives
- Visit clients on site to offer consultancy and a better understanding of how effectively clients use the products implemented
- Thinks strategically about clients product usage as it relates to the client's goals and objectives.
- Advise clients on best practices or new ways of using Campus Management solutions to make operational and strategic improvements
- Conducts an in-depth Annual Solution Usage Review with key client stakeholders and decision makers
- Coordinate additional client training and support as necessary
- Coordinate in-person and online presentations and product demonstrations to clients to showcase Campus Management portfolio capabilities to fit client’s needs
- Develop annual account plans and quarterly account reviews to be provided to management. Provide accurate forecasting for all client renewals and upsells
- Manages the sales and contract process for client workflow solution renewals
- Monitor customer utilization and develop strategies to increase usage and adoption of the solutions within the client accounts, including migrations to new solutions.
- Continually assess a document, and analyze client gains for efficiency and effectiveness. Incorporate strategic and consultative selling techniques throughout the sales process for renewal and upsell opportunities
- Understand client wants/needs and work with internal product lead to suggest product enhancements, professional services, and solutions
- Manages and documents all client-related activities for each client within the CMC internal systems (ServiceDesk & Unify)
- Stay well informed about current industry trends and be able to communicate effectively about the education industry as a whole
- Has a high-level product knowledge of the Campus Management solution set in order to provide recommendations and best practice suggestions to clients
- Keep abreast of Campus Management company vision, product set, services, as well as the competitive landscape and can articulate Campus Management's capabilities and service offerings effectively to the clients
- Stay in contact with the Products team to provide feedback from the clients to help shape product and partnership roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of Account Management experience, with experience in delivering support to technology solutions or within the Higher Education sector
- Experience developing, nurturing, and maintaining relationships with clients; from day to day users to senior-level strategic partners and decision makers
- Established record in achieving a sales quota and successfully managing a client portfolio and being held accountable for a renewal rate and upsell target
- Understanding of Student Lifecycle management and its relationship to the Higher Education industry
- Ability to be innovative, analytical and proactive in solving client problems and proposing product and services solutions through upselling and cross-sell activities
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations to large groups, online and in person
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to manage multiple work plans, schedules, resources, and deliverables
- Excellent organization, time management, and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand client objectives, then to translate into requirements and effective product solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to travel domestic and international