Lear Corporation is ranked #148 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees.
As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Lear maintains 257 locations in 39 countries around the globe and employs approximately 165,000 employees.
We are looking for aProgramme Managerto join us at our Eagle Ottawa site in Coventry:
Eagle Ottawa by Lear is the world’s largest supplier of premium automotive leather. For decades, our passion for fine leather has driven us to the highest levels of craftsmanship and customer service. Today, we blend that foundation with the industry’s latest technologies to deliver the world’s most luxurious, durable, and performance-tested leathers with custom design enhancementsto automakers around the world.
Eagle Ottawa is a global leading manufacturer of leather solutions for the automotive industry. Created in 1865. Eagle Ottawa has a longstanding heritage of blending traditional craftsmanship and innovative technology. We design, engineer and manufacture genuine leather solutions for all automotive interior applications and vehicle market segments. Our global capabilities include design, research & development, product validation, manufacturing (tanning and finishing), cutting and sewing. We have production facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia to better serve our customers.
Program Manager Automotive Interior
- Manage new product introductions through an APQP system from the development stage of projects through to the launch of a project
- Lead cross functional teams to achieve a launch which is to time, cost and quality targets. Ensure that the correct APQP steps are followed
- Manage information to and from customers in a uniformed manner to prepare the organization for launch of a project in terms of information, material, equipment, processes and people
- Develop and maintain program timing against customer milestones
- Manage information for engineering changes through our engineering change process
- Control, track and report program status throughout the program life using the Lear Profile system
- Manage tooling timing and budget to support program milestones
- Establish and build effective customer interfaces at all levels of the business
- Project management and co-ordination skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers on program, engineering and commercial issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead a cross functional team
- Flexible hands on approach to resolve issues
- Highly motivated and able to define and meet program deliverables
- Negotiations skills
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Education to degree level is preferred or relevant proven work experience
What we offer: We ensure that all new employees receive a systematic induction as a matter of course. We attach particular importance to familiarizing them with our corporate strategy, the specific nature of our business and the