Lear Corporation is ranked #148 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees.
As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Lear maintains 257 locations in 39 countries around the globe and employs approximately 165,000 employees.
We are looking for an Account Manager/Assistant Business Manager to join us at our Eagle Ottawa site in Coventry:
Eagle Ottawa by Lear is the world’s largest supplier of premium automotive leather. For decades, our passion for fine leather has driven us to the highest levels of craftsmanship and customer service. Today, we blend that foundation with the industry’s latest technologies to deliver the world’s most luxurious, durable, and performance-tested leathers with custom design enhancementsto automakers around the world.
The Account Manager/ Assistant Business Managerwill befully accountable for all commercial related matters for the specified OEM’s. Maintain existing business portfolio and develop & execute plans to achieve growth and profitability through close customer management, strong business negotiation and robust cross-functional collaboration. Focus on customer relationships.
- Work with regional Sales Analyst to identify business opportunities and forecast projected sales through long-term forecast (LRP)
- Acquisition of new business as identified in the LRP
- Develop business opportunities through strategic-selling methods
- Ensure pricing offered for new business meets financial-return targets by utilizing the company’s program lifetime financial analysis tool (APR)
- Support regional Sales Analyst with near-term forecasts and price-movement trackers, as well as documentation for any needed financial reserves
- Customer pricing management: CR/LTA management; Mitigation of any impacts caused by raw material price movements; Annual price negotiations
- Defend existing business & pricing against competitor pricing pressures and OEM cost reduction expectations
- Negotiate/defend price impacts resulting from OEM/Tier-1 demanded engineering changes
- Identify all key customer & peer relationships and develop a calling plan to create a strong internal & external network