Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
As an Account Manager/New Business Manager/Business Development Manager/Account Executive in Kainos, you will be responsible for managing client accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within those accounts. You will also have accountability for the business relationship between the client and Kainos, and will be capable of dealing with escalations, either commercial or delivery. You will also have responsibility for those clients within Kainos and will need to report accurately on account activity, plans, opportunities, revenue, margin, etc. You will put deals together that meet sales, revenue and profitability objectives, and ensure that the work contracted is compatible with Kainos’s strategy and goals.
You will also build Kainos’s new business by forging into new accounts, based on building an extensive network of industry contacts. Using on a combination of new and existing accounts, you will build and maintain a rich pipeline of opportunities which will enable you to forecast accurately across future quarters, maintaining predictability of future revenue.
You will be a team player, working collaboratively with other members of the sales team, delivery colleagues, legal, marketing and operations. You will also work closely with colleagues from other business units as well as industry partners to ensure that cross-selling opportunities are maximized. You will be a good negotiator and proficient in senior stakeholder management.
With an external customer focus, you will be a critical ambassador for Kainos and must ensure that you embrace and promote the culture, values and behaviours that make Kainos unique.
It is likely that this role will be based within the region it services. As such, applications are welcome from across the West Coast.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Solid knowledgeable of sales process and deal commercials
- Good track record of delivering against targets (quarterly and annually)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Able to build strong and appropriate relationships with senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge of digital services or platforms, concepts and our markets, with the ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- An ability to articulate the Kainos story, encompassing our heritage, experience, culture, people and values
- Broad technology experience and a sound awareness of technology trends and their potential impact on current & future projects.
- Ability to operate in a highly competitive and pressurised environment, making sensible decisions that don’t compromise Kainos
- Ability to create sales strategies and an account plan that ensure success in winning $multi-million deals, recognising that such a sales campaign may need to be built up over an extended period of time
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines in accordance with business requirements
- Excellent negotiation skills, both from a commercial and contract perspective as well as resolving escalations and diffusing issues
- Excellent networking skills
- Strong opportunity qualification skills: the ability to say “no” to an inappropriate opportunity is as important as being able to spot the opportunities to go after
- Excellent writing skills – especially the ability to articulate a proposition in a concise, clear and compelling way
- Excellent presentation skills, and strong skills in developing compelling presentation materials
- Experience of selling SaaS products or platforms
- Experience in delivering and/or selling Workday implementation projects