A PR and media relations agency with an unashamedly intellectual and creative mind-set, specialising in establishing their clients as genuinely newsworthy. Using the news momentum created by digital marketing initiatives they secure conventional PR opportunities, including product reviews, key staff profiles and general brand-building PR work for their clients. They also provide reactive news support, turning pertinent stories within the news agenda to their clients’ advantages through the introduction of spokespersons, case studies, or relevant client statistics.
This is a great opportunity for an Account Executive or Junior Account Executive to join the business division of a dynamic, rapidly growing, international PR agency in Notting Hill.
The role may require some travel to Scandinavia, Europe and USA.
The agency has a unique method of raising profiles of Scandinavian and American business, technology & lifestyle concepts within the UK and subsequently, within the wider English-speaking world. There is a highly reactive element to this role, with an emphasis on responding to (directly and tangentially) relevant stories emerging within the news cycle.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- Help with planning and delivering media strategies for the clients
- Raise the profile of client key staff (both Founders/CEOs and interesting people within an organisation) within the business and tech media
- Potentially attend client and new business meetings in the UK, Scandinavia, and USA
- Researching, assisting in preparation/distribution of press releases and other materials
- Working alongside Account Manager to keep all materials and campaigns organised – logging coverage, creating reports, press lists, etc.
- Selling-in stories to the media
- Contributing to creative brainstorms and campaign ideas for clients
- Helping to prepare weekly client updates
- You must be prepared to make phone calls to media during which you can compellingly and accurately discuss our extraordinary clients.
- Candidates should have experience within client-facing, media/business-related roles.
Key requirements of the role:
- Have at least 1 year of strong corporate, business or tech PR experience
- Have excellent copywriting skills and proactively offer creative ideas
- Be someone with strong interpersonal skills, who prides themselves on organisation, time management, and forward planning
- Take the initiative when it comes to sourcing media opportunities and contributing to strategy
- Be enthusiastic and genuinely excited about our clients, with a personable and friendly demeanour
- Be someone with the confidence to work independently on multiple projects
- Have a keen interest in the interlinked nature of the news cycle, tech startups, social media, and global business trends
- Strong and existing relationships with key members of American media is a bonus
Key benefits of the role:
- Opportunities for business travel
- Internal training and mentorships
- Subsidised gym membership
- 20 days holiday + up to 28 over time
- ‘Free’ days off between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Day off on your Birthday
- Breakfast provided everyday
- Fridge/cupboard full of snacks and treats
- Drinks every Friday
- Monthly development lunches
- Quarterly creative dinner/drink sessions