HAVAS Just:: is an award-winning healthcare comms agency, operating in London as part of the global Havas Health & You organisation.
We’re pleased to be seeking an experienced Senior Consultant in healthcare PR and/or medical education to join our Justees! (This is the equivalent to an Account Director in most other agencies.)
As a client team leader, you will be accountable for the relationship between HAVAS Just:: and your client, as well as for the delivery of an entire programme of work for the client. You will proactively “temperature check” your business, pre-empting client and team concerns, and taking action/making decisions to address and allay them.
Within the agency, you are expected to take a wider perspective, including a focus on developing the agency as a whole, finding new ways to add value outside of your account teams. You will do this through your work with individuals, non-client facing teams and clients alike, and through a developed awareness of the business environment of the agency and the industry.
Your focus will be on motivating, coaching and inspiring your teams(s), ensuring that their professional development needs are taken into account when allocating work. You will also take on specific line management responsibilities, setting the tone and pace of the work delivered, discussing solutions with your team and flagging any problems with other SCs and Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directly supporting the client business
- Programme delivery and quality control
- Ensuring programme delivery at the highest level in terms of quality, timeliness and added value
- Maintaining regular and proactive dialogue with clients, ensuring receipt of regular feedback
- Identifying challenges and addressing issues on delivery quickly and effectively
- Ensuring that effective procedures are put in place to ensure quality, e.g. team communication and review
- Strategic advice and direction
- Setting strategy for the programme, monitoring the relevance of the strategy at all times and suggesting changes and/or challenging the client where appropriate
- Keeping abreast of environmental developments, e.g. working within EFPIA/ABPI/other national Codes of Practice
- In-depth knowledge of your client’s business
- Taking/extracting a good brief from the client; requesting additional information as needed
- Seeking information from non-client sources to ensure full knowledge of the market environment
- Leading/coaching the team to ensure a deep understanding of the client’s brand, account history and wider healthcare environment
- Working to grow the accounts to their full potential, while taking a keen interest in the client business beyond the PR programme
- Financial management
- Taking responsibility for ensuring accuracy of project budgets and compliance with client and supplier contracts
- Development and timely delivery of monthly trackers, quarterly reconciliations and end of year reports, internally and to clients
- Coaching team on financial management, including managing project budgets and timely submission of timesheets and expenses
Providing effective support to your internal teams
- Resourcing of client business
- Effective on-going capacity planning; providing input at monthly resourcing meetings to ensure forecasts are met
- Effective allocation of work to meet both project needs and individuals’ professional growth
- Effective line management, feedback and coaching, motivation and engagement
- Providing continuous, timely and proactive feedback to team members and other Just:: staff on overall performance
- Motivate, empower and inspire team members to take initiative, build confidence and meet expectations when allocating, briefing and directing
- Actively support team members in operating outside of their comfort zone and stretching them to ensure growth
- Ensuring open communication of information across the account/team and giving everyone a voice
Taking on wider responsibilities at HAVAS Just::
- Input into the business planning process
- Pre-empting challenges within or outside the agency that may impact ability to deliver for clients
- Bringing fresh ideas which may lead to new opportunities and business; identifying opportunities for growth
- External promotion of HAVAS Just::
- Involvement in new business development and pitches as opportunities arise, in consultation with Directors
- Proactively identifying and building relationships with external partners
- Participating in or leading interviews with potential employees; representing the agency throughout
- Individual professional development
- Greater control of your own learning and development by identifying and flagging gaps in order to meet client and internal needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed appropriate by the senior management team
Benefits and Perks
At HAVAS Just:: we expect a lot from our Justees, so we think it’s important to give a lot back. By joining us, you can take advantage of such benefits as:
- A generous 30 days annual leave per year
- Opportunities for flexible hours and working from home (WiFRO)
- 3% employer pension contribution from day one
- Life assurance (4x salary) from day one
- Strong and affordable private health insurance package – healthcare is obviously important to us too!
- Company iPhone and Apple laptop
- A wide range of optional benefits, such as corporate gym memberships, season ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme
As well as the above, we invest heavily in a range of opportunities to support our Justees’ development and progression. These include:
- An individual budget to access a professional executive coach to work on anything you like for your own development!
- The support of a “line management family” to give and receive regular 360-degree feedback for you to reach your career objectives
- Inclusion in HKX Campus, which allows ample learning opportunities in everything from persuasiveness to presentation skills and more, alongside 1,800 other HAVAS employees
- Bespoke healthcare communications training and workshops, run by external experts or by our own senior management team.