Aberdare Depot, Bus Driver (Training provided)
This role would suit someone that is in a customer service or retail role, we would also like to hear from people who have worked in the care or hospitality industry*
Are you friendly, outgoing and looking for a job in a customer facing role?
- Fully Paid Training
- Travel Concessions
- Excellent Pension (after qualifying period)
- 4 Weeks Paid Holiday (5 weeks after qualifying period)
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for career progression
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, working on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a Bus Driver you will be required to operate the company’s network of local bus services, delivering exceptional customer service throughout our operating area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards attained during the paid training period
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training to PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence standard will be provided, including:
- Tuition to pass modules 2, 3 and 4 of the PCV Driving Test
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to company systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through all the formalised training elements you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days as you settle in to your new role.
We even provide ongoing training to help you excel in your role and ensure you maintain your Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package, a smart uniform, free local bus travel for employees and their spouses/partners and great pension benefits.
We would also welcome applications from fully qualified bus and coach drivers.
To drive Passenger Carrying Vehicles and transport passengers in a safe, skilled and comfortable manner and in accordance with the Company’s routes and schedules.
We provide local bus services 7 days a week from Early morning to Late evening, occasionally after midnight. Therefore you will be required to work shifts.