We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Our CTO division aims to support and help build the Aldermore business, providing excellence in IT Delivery, Enterprise Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Information Security, Operations and Development.
As a Developer you will be responsible for creating quality, manageable, high performing code, and will have the opportunity to participate in cross functional workshops, working with the business, design and product to identify proportional technology solutions to address the business need.
The role of Developer is really important to us. You will communicate complex technical issues in a simple way and always look for the simplest solution to a business / customer problem.
Based in our dynamic Reading office, you will sit amongst a team of up to 10 Developers and report to the Digital Platform Manager.
What would your day look like?
- Create robust best practise development techniques
- Ensure code is delivered to a high quality, functioning to acceptance criteria across all required devices
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are considered including performance and accessibility considerations
- Assist product owners and project managers in release planning.
- Perform code reviews with junior developers
- Setup and manage personal development environments
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure smooth handover of code and on going maintenance
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure adherence to architectural strategy
What do we expect of you?
- Previous experience utilising C#, ASP MVC, WebAPI, Angular 6+, Node.JS, Git source control, JIRA
- Proven track record for creating greenfield enterprise level websites
- Deep understanding of code reuse and design patterns
- Previous experience of developing solutions on the Umbraco platform would be preferable
- Experience of refactoring and optimization of code for performance, maintainability and extensibility
- Expertise in TDD and CI/CD techniques
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
A lot can happen in a year!
In 2019 Aldermore Group was formed; bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
We also celebrated our 10th Birthday and fundamentally 10 years of helping those with ideas; by saying yes to our customers. We’ve propelled entrepreneurs on their journeys; we’ve given first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we’ve opened up the lending market to many.
As for what the next 12 months has to offer; we are embarking upon the delivery of our Purpose; a Purpose that underpins our next 3 to 5 years as a growing business. Join us today and we will make the same Promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our Customers.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.