Salary: £26,281 - £29,201
The post-holder will play an important role in the technical development of their suite of websites, Intranet and supporter database interface. This includes undertaking updates and patching to the website content management system modules and custom PHP code, custom module development, defining types of content and constructing how they are dynamically presented.
- An understanding of secure coding principles.
- Competent understanding of HTML 5, CSS and best practice for constructing semantic web content.
- Being well-organised, especially regarding technical documentation and logging code changes.
- Demonstrable willingness, interest, and aptitude to learn new technologies and skills.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative, individually and within a small team.
- Comfortable working in a Linux and Windows environment, with an emphasis on hand-coding and command line operations.
- Experience of building sites and developing custom functionality with web content management systems, ideally with some experience of using Drupal 6, 7 or 8, and their respective APIs
- Managing web applications using version control (specifically GIT).
- Confident using command line tools to optimise maintenance and code deployment (such as Composer, Drush to manage Drupal site tasks).
- Knowledge of coding MySQL queries, reading to, writing from and amending database tables.
- Experience of using SOAP, AJAX or JSON to deliver dynamic web services.
- Experience of using caching technologies to optimise website performance.
- Desktop design experience - comfortable creating simple graphic assets and image processing.
- Active engagement in the developer community, keeping informed on best-practice, and contributing code to open-source projects.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 1 pm on 11 July 2018.
It is anticipated that interviews will be on 17 July 2018 in Thetford.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Sound Interesting? Please click the APPLY button and the Application Form will be sent to your email address.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Web Developer, Front End Developer, Back End Developer, Java Developer, Drupal Developer, PHP Developer, Website Developer may also be considered for this role.