An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for an established and talented Web Developer to join Get Connected, being the U.K.’s largest independent mobile phone retailer.If you have solid knowledge of website creation and you’re innovative, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the Job
Working as a Web Developer based in Abergavenny, for Get Connected, you would work within an exciting and progressive industry, being solely responsible for the design, site creation, maintenance and ability to produce fresh ideas for the company website.
This is a role that will allow you to take ownership of your work, utilising modern frontend technologies whilst driving creativity throughout your day to produce innovative designs to keep the company at the forefront of their industry.
Essential Skills & Experience
Ideally, you must have a minimum of 2years’ experience in the following areas:-
- Microsoft .net development
- Design skills in responsive front end developmentincluding using frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation. A portfolio of websites you have created yourself or with a team would be an advantage
- Building and maintaining ASP.Net web applications using C# including the use of JSON, AJAX, XML and XSLT.
- Using IDE’s including Visual Studio and Xamarin
- Agile development using Github and/or Team Foundation Server
- Ability to create and maintain an online database (MySQL & Microsoft SQL Server 2014 using T-SQL)
- Ability to maintain a web server and manage SSL certificates.
• Interpreting management's requirements and developing concepts to suit their purpose in-line with Brand guidelines
• Presenting ideas and concepts to senior management
• Create designs for new pages and make improvements on the company website
• Taking projects from briefing stage through to build
• Proof-reading to produce accurate, high-end quality work
• Show a keen interest in emerging technologies and new media, particularly digital trends and industry best practices
For this position the salary will between £20,000 - £24,000 per annum depending upon experience, qualification and previous achievements.
This is a great opportunity to join a business which has demonstrated phenomenal growth over the last 24 years and can offer a rewarding, diverse and fulfilling environment, pension, and other incentives with the opportunity to develop your skills within an ever growing company.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge and this sounds like the job for you, please apply today as we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please email your C.V. to the Recruitment Manager, Gemma Jacobs email@example.comHelp
You should be eligible to live and work in the U.K.