Devon Communities Together have an exciting opportunities for a Volunteer Coordinator
To join their growing team based in Exeter.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Exeter, EX2 8PW
Salary: £21,074 to £23,111 FTE
Job Type: Permanent, Part time 14.5 hours a week – flexible working hours
Volunteer Coordinator - Job Purpose:
This is a new role for Devon Communities Together (DCT) and requires an experienced volunteer manager who is able to create and manage a programme from its infancy. We wish to increase the positive impact of volunteering within Devon’s communities. Specifically we want to increase numbers of volunteers & develop the support we can offer to them.
The post holder will be required to help DCT set up the support and management structures of an older people’s volunteer network whilst maintaining the interest and on-going work of those volunteers who transfer across to DCT.
In 2018 DCT acquired Devon Senior Voice (DSV), a countywide older people’s organisation which provides a ‘voice’ for older people, engagement and volunteering opportunities. The focus of this new role is initially to organise & support the cohort of DSV volunteers. However, DCT has plans to widen its volunteering opportunities and the role of Volunteer Co-ordinator, will over time, include all DCT volunteers.
The Volunteer Co-ordinator is part of DCT’s Operations Team, working alongside other DCT staff and external agencies to effectively manage all elements of volunteering within DCT.
- To ensure that the former DSV volunteers have a positive experience of being part of DCT during the transition period.
- To develop a comprehensive volunteering strategy to build the positive impact of volunteering with DCT
- To develop, manage and embed excellent systems & practice, ensuring that all volunteers are appropriately recruited, trained and supported.
- To support the growth of DSV volunteer branches throughout Devon, ensuring they are able to respond to the needs of older people in their communities.
Volunteer Coordinator - You:
- Ability to be a welcoming first point of contact for all existing and prospective volunteers
- Ability to travel around a large county for meetings and a willingness to work some unsocial hours, mainly evening and some weekends.
- Able to relate well to a wide range of people from a variety of different settings and organisations
- Understanding and recognition of the principles of equality and diversity
- A concern for older people and the issues they face
- Able to demonstrate commitment to our aims
Volunteer Coordinator - Experience: (Essential)
- Previous experience in the day to day management of a volunteer service
- Proven experience of organising a volunteer rota, being able to demonstrate past excellence in balancing the needs of volunteers and an organisation
- Previous experience of delivering induction programmes, and the ability to work ensuring that volunteers are fully equipped and trained to carry out their roles
- Experience of managing a wide variety of tasks within set timescales and meeting deadlines
- Experience of producing reports and correspondence
- Highly organised and efficient approach to work
- Ability to work on own, organising your time so as to meet the external and internal deadlines
- Able to multi-task and respond positively to competing workloads
- Ability to word process & input data quickly and accurately using databases and spread sheets
- Meeting servicing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a confident and professional telephone manner
- Able to keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and provide advice to the HR manager on the updating of policies relating to volunteering.
- Experience of Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
- Experience of the Charity sector, either in or outside of work
- Community development experience
- Ability to support in the production of volunteer newsletters and communications to volunteers and a wider audience
- Ability to support at networking and fundraising events
- Excellent, current IT skills using Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiar with social media including Facebook, Twitter.
Volunteer Coordinator - Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including English & Maths or equivalent qualifications
Closing date for applications: 9am Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 10th July 2018
To submit your CV for this exciting Volunteer Coordinator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!