An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Visitor Engagement Assistant to join our team based in Matlock, Derbyshire on a 26 week fixed term contract basis. In return, we offer a competitive pay rate of £8.50 per hour plus 28 days holiday pro rata.
The Visitor Engagement Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that all visitors receive the highest standard of visitor care. This post will mean providing an extra level of service and information to visitors, turning an everyday visit in to a memorable one. The role will proactively promote the whole visitor centre offer, selling tickets and encouraging our visitors to engage with our heritage offer.
Duties will include:
- Promote our membership and volunteering schemes, introduce them to the work of the Society, kick -starting a positive long term relationship
- Act as a welcome and information point for visitors to make the most of their visit, assisting them with their enquiries and selling tickets for the heritage offer – guided tours, audio tours and the Visitor Centre @ Building 17.
- Work closely with the Retail team, tour guides and visitor centre hosts to achieve and maintain a consistently high standard of customer care, ensuring all enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Talk to visitors about their needs and encourage them to give verbal feedback or to complete comment cards or visitor surveys as appropriate.
- Acquire and maintain a good knowledge of the Society
- Meet and greet group bookings on arrival, giving them a warm welcome, introducing them to their designated tour guides, dealing with their paperwork and promoting all of the facilities on site.
- Promote ‘Access for All’ by providing information and assistance to visitors with disabilities.
- Ensure that the appearance of the site is kept to a high standard, by keeping work areas clear and tidy, and reporting any problems to the site team.
- Contribute as an effective member of the Cromford Mills team, assisting others where necessary in a willing and positive manner.
- All staff are expected to observe all health and safety at work regulations as set out by the Arkwright Society.
The Visitor Engagement Assistant will also deliver an informed welcome for visitors covering all aspects of the site, including knowledge of:
- Opening, ticketing and pricing arrangements
- The nature and location of facilities
- Guided tours, family activities and special events
- The details of Arkwright Society membership and gift aid on entry
- The basics of volunteer recruitment and how to get more involved
- Services, facilities and attractions in the surrounding area.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a face to face customer services environment.
- Experience of selling and promoting products/services.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and manage your own workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate.
The hours of work are 17.5 per week with weekend working required.
Closing Date 25th July 2018
This post is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Please apply online to be considered for the Visitor Engagement Assistant role.