Are you an experienced Logistics or Unit Manager looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Unit Manager for our Northern Region, based out of our Pilsworth site in Bury, working 37.5 hours a week on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
In return for your hard work as our Unit Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Unit Manager:
- Experience of leading an operational landfill site or related operations.
- Capable of leading Health and safety change and designing and embedding best practice
- Experience of leading asset management planning and designing and embedding best practice.
- Experience of leading and managing business change/transition
- Practical experience of financial management including P&L and inventory and relevant finance systems
- Relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance
- Knowledge of corporate financial systems and capital expenditure
- Relevant COTC Qualification or equivalent
- IOSH Supervising Safely or equivalent Health and Safety
- Full driving license
Unit Manager Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the operational aspects of the Northern Region Landfill Portfolio.
- Responsible for the day to day running of an Operational Landfill site.
- Liaison with other departments such as Engineering, Restoration, Aftercare and Systems to ensure that site operations complement each other
- Deliver profitable, safe and efficient site operations at all waste management facilities within your remit to achieve budgeted financial targets
- Provide technically competent management (COTC/CMS) where necessary for the assigned assets.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Unit Manager.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.