** This position is contingent upon contract award **
Job Title: Network Administrator Tier III**
Job Location: England
Security Clearance: An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for an experienced Network Administrator Tier III to join our team on-site in England. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware and software that comprises a computer network. This includes but is not limited to deploying, configuring, maintaining and monitoring active data network or converged infrastructure environments and related network equipment.
- Design, optimize, and oversee the implementation of short and long term data networks initiatives.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement corrections in complex technical applications to enhance performance.
- Respond to issue escalation and service interruption and perform root cause analysis.
- Perform network capacity planning and performance analysis to properly size network connections.
- Perform infrastructure performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities.
- Provide advanced trouble-shooting, implementation, and configuration of network hardware and software.
- Provide comprehensive designs to address and compliment strategic routing and switching direction.
- Apply best practices in compliance with security and DISA guidelines.
- Utilize network management tools (Solarwinds) to monitor, evaluate, and report health statistics of WAN and LAN.
- Conduct cost analysis and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide the required products or services.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience working with Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a military environment.
- Knowledge and review of action plans for planned and unplanned changes to the network infrastructure.
- Shall have detailed knowledge of design and deployment of multicast.
- Experience with detailed knowledge of GRE and IPSEC deployments and configurations.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with Cisco IOS-based routers 3900, 3800, and 2800 families; Cisco IOS based switches within the 6500, 4500, and 3750 families.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity of IP communications, including packet analysis.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with layer 3 technologies, such as EIGRP and HSRP.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with layer 2 technologies, such as Rapid Spanning-Tree.
- Experience with Central Authentication, Authorization and Accounting via TACACS+.
- Shall have network troubleshooting skills and knowledge of networks.
- Shall have technical documentation skills.
- Require a sound knowledge of IP networking, SIPRNet, NIPRNet, cross domain solutions, and security systems such as HBSS. The Systems administration function may require knowledge of collation networks, CENTRIXS, JWICS, and BICES, the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and server virtualizations, IT service management, and wireless LAN (WLAN)
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR; An Associate’s Degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 total years of recent specialized experience.
Position requires the following certifications or higher:
- Security +, Network+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (40 or older), genetic information, disability or veteran status.