Transport Operations Manager
Newton Abbot, Devon
£25,000 - £27,000 pa (depending on qualifications) Plus Annual Bonus, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service), BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Pension, Life Assurance
Committed to sustainability, our client is on a mission to reduce waste within the foodservice industry. They are now looking for a Transport Operations Manager to join their team.
This is a superb opportunity for a logistics professional with a great leadership style looking to take on a fresh, new challenge.
Our client has an amazing history of innovation and of making a difference to the way things are done and so they are looking for innovative thinkers who are dedicated and understand their mission.
From when they first built their recycling network to when they opened their most recent anaerobic digestion plant, our client has been making waves in their industry and guess what? There’s more to come. Why not join them on their journey and find out how they plan to save the world.
As the Transport Operations Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the day-to-day running of our client’s Newton Abbot depot.
Specifically, you will provide support, development and assistance to the Drivers and support to the depot as a whole. As part of your role, you will act as a Driver when required to support deliveries and cover absence. If you don't currently possess the required licences our client will consider providing that training for an exceptional applicant.
Your role will focus on health & safety aspects, safety procedures, fleet compliance, maintenance, training, compliance, administration and round routing management.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will:
- Take responsibility for performing all activities in a safe manner and promoting health and safety through the depot
- Ensure all contactors have the correct permits and paperwork
- Make sure that daily vehicle checks are completed by Drivers and damage or defects are reported
- Assist with minor vehicle maintenance, such as bulb replacements
- Provide induction training, training evaluations and refresher training as required
- Ensure that working time checks, DQC and government licence checks are carried out
- Support all rounds, including Driver shortages, stock, loading and routes
- Complete all paperwork and IT systems for your work and that of the Drivers
- Complete one Class 2 round per month to maintain your skills and knowledge
So, is this the role for you?
The ideal candidate will have a Class 2 driving licence. Microsoft Office skills and CPC management experience would also be beneficial.
The ideal candidate profile would include:
- Experience of driving a 7.5T or Class 2 vehicle
- A 7.5T driving licence with no endorsements
- A current driver qualification card, such as a CPC
- An IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- Excellent administrative skills
Our client will consider applicants with relevant or transferable experience who don’t meet the ideal criteria. The candidate would be required to commit to obtaining the relevant licences and qualifications with the company’s support.
To apply for the role of Transport Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Operations Manager, Depot Operations Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Driver Manager, Depot Manager, Yard Manager, Delivery Operations Manager.