Transport Manager Job Specification
Crosby & Perrin are looking to recruit a Transport Manager for our client based in Skelmersdale
The position is a full time permanent position working: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (core office hours, evening, early morning and weekend escalation as and when required)
A energetic, innovative and dynamic transport manager is required who has a proven track record in managing a highly commercial operation in a fast-paced environment. Leading and motivating the entire transport team and responsible for looking after 70+ vehicles which run on a 24 hour basis. On call out of hours and at weekends to deal with any urgent matters. Experience of effectively running a successful transport function in a high pressure environment. Responsible for the transport and distribution operations and for providing excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance through outstanding people management skills.
- Responsible for getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time.
- In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
- Dispatching goods to national destinations
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures to do with tachograph etc.
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
- Involved in strategic development and strategy making.
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
- Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
- Regularly liaising with the delivery manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records.
- Giving drivers a full debrief, including tacho analysis.
- Organising vehicle checks.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
- Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for all H&S investigations.
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Experience of Budgets and Financial controls.
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality and Service.
- Comprehensive understanding all of areas of the supply chain.
- Full understanding of transport operational systems.
- FMCG background and hold a National CPC.
- Able to multiple relationships at different levels .
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Problem solving and prioritising skills.
- Man management skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Strategy and planning
This is a great company to work for they are a large logistics company that is steadily growing with progression & development opportunities great working hours, good location and a great team
If you have the above skills and/or experience, please send your cv today.