Job Title: Trainee Agricultural Technician
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, contributory stakeholder pension scheme and life cover.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
We have an excellent new opportunity for a Trainee Seed, Grain and Biomass Technician to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be required to;
- Analyse and report samples either supervised or unsupervised (depending on training records) in accordance with customer requirements.
- Undertake training in all aspects of the testing facility operation & commodity inspection at Driffield, In the field and other locations as required by the business
- Attend and complete relevant courses, e.g. seed analysis, phytosanitary, including completing work based assignments.
- Ensure samples are processed for analysis and where applicable data entered accordingly onto appropriate System within turnaround times agreed with both our internal and external Customers.
- Analyse samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy of results.
- Promptly inform supervisory team if a problem with equipment or method occurs so that immediate actions can be taken to remedy the problems and return equipment to full service.
- Ensure external and work based assignments are completed within designated timeframes and all coursework is kept up to date.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to work and react effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Maintain high level of enthusiasm and commitment to training and learning
- Driving Licence
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) Science, Mathematics & English at Grade A-C or equivalent
- Experience of working within an inspection and testing environment
- A levels in Science and Maths at grades A-C