Tradeshow & Events Manager
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits on offer
This role will be responsible for planning and organising various events that Smith & Nephew is in involved in, including conferences and exhibitions across Europe. The Events Manager will also be required to work alongside the Marketing teams and to liaise with external vendors to ensure the smooth running of events.
Essential Job Functions
- Expense budget of around $400K to manage events and congresses around Europe
- Communicate and share best practice, marketing campaign toolkit and success stories to the EUCAN region
- Manage the workflow of cross-functional projects from internal and external customers across Europe and Canada
- Part of the EUCAN team in driving business strategies across the EUCAN regions to deliver sales
- Managing suppliers of related congress assets across Europe and Canada
- Establish EUCAN marketing communications team and initiate regular conference calls to gather challenges, success stories and share best practice
- Communicate outputs to the EUCAN team using various platforms digital, print, face to face meetings and conference calls
- Manage relationship with internal stakeholders to ensure that EUCAN region has visibility and involvement in the creation of new campaigns, initiatives and collaterals for all brands
- To be accountable and lead major external and internal European conferences and events from start right through to the delivery of the events
- To deliver events adhering to the code of ethics of Smith & Nephew and any other legal and compliance responsibilities as relevant by market
Up to 25% European travel
Ideally educated to degree level
Prior experience working in Events Management, ideally within an in-house function for a corporate company
Highly competent of communicating at all levels
Must have a high organizational skills
Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry
High technical skills in a wide range of Windows application e.g. Excel spreadsheet, Word and Powerpoint
- Flexible: Dealing effectively with constantly changing agendas/timings of activities
- Self-directed: ability to multi-task with limited supervision
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent team player and contributor
- Professional, ethical and dedicated to the success of the company
Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients.
We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
- Orthopedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard to heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have over 16,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2016 were more than $4.6 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100 and our shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and through American Depository Receipts on the New York Stock Exchange (LSE: SN, NYSE: SNN) .
If you share our passion for pioneering innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfil their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients. We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.