Job Role: Test Engineer
Location: Near Portsmouth
Salary/Rate: £30k - £45k per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Cleared or willing to undergo
Test Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire, near Portsmouth - £30k - £45k per annum - SC Cleared or willing to undergo
With a primary focus on supporting the testing team, your experience will cover Manual and Automation testing, as well as the ability to analyse requirements, write test analysis (internal acceptance or customer witness acceptance), run and execute test scripts and then also translate those scripts where applicable into an automation framework.
************ There is training available to learn Automation testing for the right candidate. **********
- Own the execution of test and acceptance activities as directed by the Test Lead.
- Understand project requirements, to analyse and design appropriate test cases and scenarios.
- Provide test engineering experience and knowledge to the software engineer teams.
- Take responsibility for the pursuit of best practice for software testing across the team.
- Help with the test engineering work towards automated testing.
Skills / Experience:
- Engineering based Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Proven experience as a tester in both manual testing and test automation
- Experience with user interface and interoperability testing
- Experience of writing detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Able to conduct requirements analysis to derive detailed test cases
- Able to execute manual tests, including exploratory and directed regression testing
- Identify, record and thoroughly document bugs
- Knowledge of a variety of testing methodologies and quality techniques
- Experience in an engineering environment using;:
- JIRA, Agile and Kanban Methodologies
- Java, Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Experience in the design, development and execution of automation scripts using open source tools
- Hands on experience with automation tools/languages/methods:
- Selenium Webdriver
- JMeter (Web Service Testing)
- Integration of test tools into the automated build process.
- Reviewing code, unit tests and test data, to ensure comprehensive test coverage
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.