Software Test Engineer -Mobile App.
- Do you want to work with a globally recognised leader in the provision of Smart Tech in the Internet of Things?
- Do you want to work with the latest tech and get training to develop your career?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail?
- Are you a proactive?
The client is a global specialist in energy management with a mission to make the most of energy, they are passionate about delivering real & innovative solutions + smart products in. They are investing in expansion &recently launched an exciting new range of Internet & cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
An excellent opportunity has arisen for you to join as this first class company in the Product Quality section as test & automation engineer.
The client is all about hiring the right person to be able to do the role, as such they will look at applications from
- Someone working as a Software Tester looking to get a job in Test Automation.
- A graduate looking to start your career in IT and interested in Testing as a career path.
- Or someone working elsewhere in IT and interested in a career change moving into Test Automation.
The client design & manufacture connected home products & services that include the physical products that go in homes, the apps used & the cloud-hosted software that make it all work well together. You will be working within a cross-functional development team that consists of app developers, cloud service developers & architects, electronics design engineers, mechanical & product designers, embedded software & manufacturing teams.
Initially the role will be responsible for developing & executing software & system test activities for the native mobile app controlling our new & existing Internet-Connected products. You will be working in the Design Engineering function as part of the test organisation in an agile development environment, with an initial focus on ensuring quality of the mobile app & the services associated with it.
You will perform early testing of mobile app working closely with the app development team, as well as with the wider development teams to help facilitate pre-integration & new feature testing.
If you are currently a Test Automation Engineer then you will have previous experience in Automated Testing.
If you are from another Testing then you will need a proven track record in the areas of systems, software or mobile application testing with an interest in test automation & a desire to develop in that area.
Regardless of your experience levels any applicant, including Graduates must have:
- A professional "can do" attitude with good interpersonal skills,
- Experience of working as part of a project team.
- Be a team player, comfortable engaging proactively with teams across the business
- Be a self-starter
- Have attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills
- An ability to meet challenges head on
Desirable requirements. Any experience in the areas below would be a plus:
- Working in agile development environments, including Scrum or working in Scaled Agile Development environment
- Interest in energy management or smart home systems
- Cloud platform testing
- Connected service testing
Job title: Software Test Engineer / Automation Tester.
Salary: base salary up to £35,000 pa plus benefits.
Location: South West England, commutable from Exeter, Devon, Plymouth, Truro, Taunton.
Start Date: ASAP, client will wait for the right person.
If you are interested in working with this global company with an excellent peer group in a dynamic environment in a sector that is going to be a vital part of the future, in a beautiful part of the world then call us on 01566 776 888 or email email@example.com
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency