Location: London and Home counties
Working Hours: Full time, 3-4 days per week possible depending on cohort size
Salary: Base £25,000 per annum pro-rata + commission
Coding is the future.
A dynamic, investor-backed and fast-growing EdTech startup is on the lookout for Territory Managers with at least 2 years' experience managing teams to join them in London, leading a group of flexible-working, part-time local "Reps" who run their own licensed businesses teaching 3-8 year olds coding as a language. They offer fun and creative after-school coding clubs and holiday workshops that support the Computing curriculum, while encouraging constructive screen time.
By taking on this unique creative approach, they are bridging the digital skills and confidence gap and redefining coding education by making it fun and accessible to all.
They have grown rapidly over the last 18 months - so far they have delivered over 150 code clubs, trained 200 parents and 60 teachers. They also have 10 annual school subscriptions in place, with a further 200 in the pipeline and international expansion plans.
About the Role
You will be supported by the Management and responsible for the commercial and teaching performance of your local Rep team:
- Exclusively managing a group of up to 20 Reps within your local territory (either North, West or South London, with some same-day travel to neighbouring counties
- Acting as the point of contact between the Reps and Management
- Inspecting each Rep's classes, monitoring financial performance & ensuring revenue targets are met
- Overseeing and inspecting each Rep's classes for teaching quality, safeguarding practices and professionalism towards customers
- Coordinating local training sessions & informing your team of any updates or changes
- Ensuring their brand identity and values are consistent across all communications and marketing activity
- Identifying postcodes that require Reps and TAs in your territory
- Interviewing & on-boarding the Reps' newest hires
- Ensuring your Reps and TAs go through their training programme before going live
- Ensuring Rep contracts are signed & licence payments made on time
- Assisting with the development of each Rep's launch, sales & marketing strategy
- Providing continuous support and coaching on managing customer relationships, cost control and expenses, and expansion across both school-based and community classes
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing teams (more than 5 people) with set targets
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude for decision-making & building trust (i.e. for remote management)
- Ability to identify sales & business development opportunities
- Capable of tracking revenues and milestones
- Excellent organisational, multitasking, time & resource management skills
- Motivated & hungry for success (they are looking for their future regional & global leaders!)
- Comfortable using Word, Excel, social networks, Trello, Doodle
- Open to new technologies & ability to learn quickly
Sound exciting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles including Regional Manager, Area Coordinator, Territory Manager, Regional Coordinator, Area Manager will be considered.