Semcon are looking for new recruits to join a team we are building for a new customer project. If you have a technical background in agriculture/plant/heavy machinery and experience in technical writing we want to hear from you!
To create and update technical information (to include Remove and Install, Operator Guides, Description and Operation Etc.) to the very highest standards. The end product, printed books and digital content, will be delivered to our key customer; a manufacturer of high end Agricultural Machinery.
To produce all content in line with complex authoring guidelines / standards. Documentation will be required to meet a high standard that drives reuse for our key customer whilst having a standardised look and feel about it for multiple brands in a global marketplace.
- Gather, collate and interpret information and communicate at a professional level with key internal and customer stakeholders
- Utilise a suite of structured authoring tools and guidelines, interpret technical specifications to create customer-focused publications
- Utilise CAD data and software tools
- Author text, simplifying complex systems into structured and understandable content
- Create concise graphic briefs for technical illustrators
- Manage vehicle validation workshops in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Work under your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Proofread documentation ensuring all deliverables meet the required standards
Ideally you will be a technical author/proof-reader with an agricultural background. You will join an established authoring team but will also be expected to work independently; a very keen eye for detail and high quality standards are essential.
- Agricultural/Plant machinery experience (preferable)
- Knowledge of relevant work method tools (X-Metal, Vis Mockup, Photoshop and Microsoft office) advantageous but not essential
- Experience working with content management systems
- Knowledge and experience of how to write and adapt content for specific target groups
- Experience of authoring to STE and DITA standards
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Experience proofreading technical documentation
- High level of technical aptitude
- Ability to research information required to complete tasks
- Ability to refine and develop existing processes and work methods
- Strong communication skills particularly influencing and persuading
- Experience of working individually, with a team, and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of managing and prioritising workload and working to tight deadlines
- Able to identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions
- Full / Clean Driving Licence
- Willing to travel
- Good listener
- Team player