Technical Architect - Cloud Infrastructure
This is an amazing oppotunity to join a leading, global social crowdfunding company, based in London. You will be working as a Cloud Infrastructure Technical Architect to help design and roll out our in-house integration standards across our microservices platform with a view to ensuring high availability and scalability through clear domain driven design boundaries and decoupled, event-based architecture.
Most of the existing applications and services are deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the new services being deployed as Docker containers into our Kubernetes cluster. They also use Microsoft's Azure and on-premise systems.
The architecture team is responsible for ensuring our platform aligns with business objectives, present and future. This is achieved through governance over operational excellence, performance and security by design, scalable to service demand, ultimately the evolution towards a golden technical vision of reliability whilst controlling costs.
Expertise you'll provide:
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS). (Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of private, public, and hybrid cloud models, with an emphasis on AWS.
- Collaboration on strategy, governance and project reviews across the entire Application estate
- Engagement with Team Leads to drive target application architecture in line with in-house patterns and industry best practice
- Running project inceptions, gathering requirements, specifying scope, and guiding project implementation in line with our strategy
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Working closely with the Operations team, you will help to design, create, configure and deliver cloud infrastructure environments using best practices and a proactive strategy
- Maintain knowledge of relevant technologies at the core/internals levels in order to act competently in Subject Matter Expert role
- The function of the role will include all technological aspects associated with cloud computing technology stack including: architecture, security, design, planning, management, maintenance and support.
- Partner with Lead Developers, Architects, and stakeholders to coordinate strategies and technology investment recommendations
- Develop and communicate technology choices and core patterns in their application
- Promote and maintain our culture and strive for excellence in everything you do by providing development to technical delivery personnel as both a formal and informal mentor, executing initiatives designed to share knowledge across technology teams
- Guide projects through their lifecycle to ensure they follow architectural standards in relation to code and infrastructure
- Adding clarity and ensuring architectural alignment for proposed solutions; ensure high quality solutions are created which maximise reuse, minimise duplication and support Global Platform vision
- Deliver to strategic objectives rather than just responding to a stream of feature requests
- Work with project teams and to advise on technology and supplier options to ensure that solutions access best in market services
- Support delivery teams to ensure solutions adhere to architectural/technology strategy, standards and policies
Professional & Technical Qualifications
- Designing software and infrastructure for HA and rapid traffic load changes
- Experience of automation/configuration management (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible or equivalent)
- Solid coding skills in one or more languages, preferably .NET, Ruby or Go
- Direct experience of Docker, Kubernetes or similar container technology
- Experience designing, building and operating complex orchestration automation and deployment systems
- Direct experience with large-scale AWS deployment
Please forward your CV for further information.