Are you an experienced Tech Sector professional who is now keen to share your knowledge and expertise? Are you excited about the thought of coaching and training employed people?
The company are looking for Tech/Digital Sector Professionals who hold – or are working towards - a Master’s degree in Computing, Software Development or similar.
As a (Senior) Academic, you will be integral the success of the companies Wyre Academy: helping them to maintain our excellent standards of quality training. This role will be based in the West Midlands but there may be occasional some need for subsidised national travel (England) You will work with a fast-growing team of talented individuals with similar drive to deliver quality training. You will continuously develop and deliver:
- Apprenticeships Standards from levels 2-4, usually assessed by the British Computer Society or City and Guilds
- Degree level apprenticeships validated and assessed by the University of Wolverhampton
The company are a Registered Apprenticeships Training Provider in England. Our Wyre Academy is an Employer Group Training Academy who specialise in delivering Apprenticeships towards Digital Standards
The company have a branching strategy and we are continuously growing our regional and national presence. Our headquarters is in Worcester and we have another delivery centre in Birmingham.
Wyre Academy Technical Schools:
You should be enthusiastic to work in any two or more of our Wyre Academy’s six technical schools:
- Tech / Network Engineering
- Software Development / UX
- Business and Data Analysis
- Cyber Security
- Tech Sales & Digital Marketing
- Digital Learning and Technical Education
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching in the workplace – triangulating and continuously updating learning plans to serve the needs of: the national standard, the employer’s unique requirements and the learner’s unique goals
- Delivering defined and tailored training for learners at all levels and skills (mostly employed adults)
- Online coaching and training
- E-moderated training
- Curriculum design, development and guidance
- Design, plan, prepare and deliver training courses and coaching in line with appropriate programme objectives that follow the Tech and Digital standards for apprenticeship programmes
- Assist management to identify training needs in relation to new, existing and updating products
- Be responsible for the supervision of candidates within the training environment.
- Liaise with staff at all levels internally and externally
- Research your fields (both Technical and educational) and advise management on relevant changes, updates and developments within your specialities.
- Work effectively on your own initiative
- Have a willingness to learn and train for new technical subject areas
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the topics and courses you are required to deliver
- Effectively develop and review training courses to ensure that all training deliveries are conducted to an acceptable standard
- Assist with the creation and development of the marketing and technical materials relating to the course curriculum. This will include course technical guides for the IT department, setup guides, course specifications, website curriculum descriptions, tailored course outlines and any other technical or marketing related materials
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Technical / Occupation-related experience (for 1or more of our technical schools, Software Development is preferable)
- Training and / or Coaching
- Instructional Design and Development
- Organisational skills: ability to plan, being able to meet deadlines, attention to detail for documentation requirements
- Being business, employer and client oriented: polite, responsive and persistent.
- Good written and spoken communication / presentation skills.
- Being confident and able to take initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous commercial training experience
- Experience of government-funded training esp. Apprenticeships
- Experience in coaching and/or mentoring
- Experience of Ofsted or QAA Inspection
- Experience of ISO 27001 requirements
- Commercial experience in Software Development
This role is based across the West Midlands and is commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Solihull, Bromsgrove, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Bridgnorth, Droitwich, Redditch, Halesowen, Sutton Coldfield, Hereford, Malvern, Pershore, Evesham, Kidderminster, Coventry, Warwick and Stratford.