TEAM LEADER – SUPPORTED LIVING
Salary - £19,500 + Benefits
Job Location – Golders Green
Full time - 36.25hrs (This involves working on a shift rota which includes working every other weekend and occasional evenings if the situation arises )
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Building relationships with tenants and their families and encouraging inclusion in community activities and other social and recreational opportunities within the scheme and in the wider local environment.
· Team Leaders provide support to tenants by enabling, encouraging and promoting independence and providing choice.
· You will be expected to support Care Assistants to deliver high quality services, demonstrating Best Practice, undertaking supervision and observation of care assistants in tenants’ own flats.
· To ensure that tenants are aware of all social, recreational and community opportunities being provided across the campus and facilitating any necessary access.
· Completing risk assessments, reviews and ensure staff work safely and keep Service Users safe from harm and abuse.
· You will be working with two other team leaders, and will deputise for the Deputy Manager in their absence.,
· To work with some support volunteers and help to maintain their integration within the service
· Share responsibility for scheduling working times of Care Assistants, Ensure the handover process is effective, supervise and audit medication management, provide leadership and management for end of life care .
· To problem solve with the management team in relation to effectiveness of staffing, training needs of staff, potential HR issues and issues of health and safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Positive energy, enjoys working with people and understands the importance of team working.
· Be able to make decisions independently, and develop trusting and respectful; relationships with all members of the team and tenants and their families.
· You will need to have high personal standards of timekeeping and attending as a role model for staff you supervise.
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or related discipline)
- QCF level 2/3 (and willingness to continuous learning)
- Leading or managing others in a care or similar environment for more than 6 months
- Experience of security and building management (Desirable)
- Experience of administration of medicine
- Experience of dealing with emergencies
- Experience of Safeguarding Adults
- Experience of Team working
· Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.